Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Girls – do you use the same saddle on road and mtb? also shorts q.
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

I have slrs on both my mtbs, but some cast off spesh thing on my road bike. While it’s not awful, it’s not as comfortable as my slrs so think I would like to replace it. Just wondering whether to go for the same again or something different.

Also, has anyone got the Cannondale Rush baggies? What is the sizing like, big, small, or average? Have been trying to find some baggies that don’t reach my kneecaps and that fit ok!

ourmaninthenorth

While not having female parts (being a man and all), I use the same saddle on all my bikes, MTB, road and track. It’s the only way!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yeah, better the devil you know!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Ms boriselbrus uses the same saddle on both road and MTB.

Joxster
    Free Member

My wife uses the same saddle on all her bikes.

All her MTB Baggies are Loeka (http://www.loeka.com/) I’ll need to check if they reach her knees or not???

yossarian
    Free Member

my wife only has one saddle (fizik aliante carbon jobbie) and swaps it between bikes.

hora
    Free Member

I’m only here for the pics 8)

Bunnyhop

Having given up road biking years ago ( being a scary cat-frightened of some of the idiot drivers on the road) I did have a mans saddle. If I were to take it back up, then I’d go for the same as my mtb now.
    As for shorts, I haven’t found a pair of baggies that suit me yet.

Sorry haven’t been much help.

clubber
    Free Member

Just one thing to point out – as your position gets lower (ie your upper body gets closer to horizontal), you tend to need a narrower saddle (Spesh have lots on info on this in their saddle info section) and this is one of the reasons why road bikes can often get away with really narrow saddles.

So, if your road position is a lot lower than the one you have on your mtb, fitting the same saddle may not actually be the most comfortable solution and strangely, a narrower one might be better..

london_lady
    Free Member

Yes I have the same bontrager saddle on my mtb, road and cross bikes.
    As for baggies I like the sugoi gusta.

thomthumb
    Free Member

was about to say what clubber said – again no girly bits here!!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Hmmm I wonder if that’s why it’s not as comfortable then, it’s definitely wider than the slr.

clubber
    Free Member

Well SLRs are narrow so if you find the SLR comfortable in your mtb position, a wider saddle than that on your road bike is likely to be less comfortable…

Joxster
    Free Member

I ride an Fizik Arione on all my bikes and it is only uncomfortable after 120km off road, that doesn’t happen often so it’s not a major worry.

Stoner
    Free Member

MRs S likes her Fizik arione on the road bike, but has always ridden with an On-One inbred saddle on her 456 and strangely finds that perfectly comfortable.

I use a Spoon on the HT, a WTB rocket on the Pompino and a SDG soemthingorother on the commuter.

I have an ambidextrous arse.

Keva
    Free Member

not that I’m a girl but I have two different saddles, one for the mtb and one for road / commuting bike. I prefer having something different now again. 🙂

MrAgreeable

I think there’s a bit of received wisdom (possibly from the roadie side) that says you should use the same saddle on all your bikes, but as Clubber says I reckon there are horses for courses.

My GF uses a Charge Ladle on the road bike (fairly narrow but wider than most bloke’s saddles) and a horrible fat Specialized thing on her mountain bike – which I loathe and which she loves… 🙂

watly_biker
    Free Member

Mrs Flash, I use the same saddle on both bikes but one is now falling apart so I will have to try a new style soon – don’t make them anymore.
    Shorts wise I assume you want shorter ones? ( I spend my time trying to find longer ones to hide my knees!)
    Loeka standard length are above the knee on me as are most of the sombrios – both without liners so you can wear normal lycra underneath. Loeka are on CRC reduced at the moment.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Miss(not married ;))T-R uses same saddle on road and mtb …

mrsflash
    Free Member

watly yes, I want shorter ones, they just all felt huge on me – too long and flappy! the rush ones look like they may fit the bill, but where I was looking only had a medium and I’ll be a small or even extra small (I’m an extra small in enduras).

same saddle on all bikes it is then, thanks for the help on that.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’ve got different saddles on all my bikes. i seem to remember the one on my mtb (wtb laser) being more comfortable than my road bike one (bontrager) but maybe its just because i’m out of the saddle more on the mtb.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Girls – do you use the same saddle on road and mtb? also shorts q.’ is closed to new replies.