Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • gigs you're looking forward too?
  • racefaceec90

am very excited to be seeing rush at the n.e.c in may (4th time seeing them).

but

am also very excited to be going to see roger waters doing the wall in august (thanks to my friend mark for inviting us to both gigs,and taking us to all the other ones too 😀

he reckons it could well be the last time he does it (and maybe a certain mr gilmour might make a guest apperance/hopefully 😀

even the thought of my back spasming (and me walking like john wayne) when i stand in one spot for any length of time cannot put me off.

shine on friends,shine on 😉

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Primal scream at the albert hall should be a good one.
    And glastonbury. 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Frightened Rabbit in Leeds in Feb should be pretty good.

nedrapier

Amon Tobin ISAM 2.0 in March.

Bigger, better, whizzier version of something that was jaw-droppingly good the first time round.

ChrisHeath

The Wildhearts in Nottingham in April.

kendo954
    Free Member

Eels, Belfast – March

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bi-focals – SpecSavers
    (I’ll get it in first)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not got any gigs lined up at the moment but Boomtown Fair in August should be pretty awesome. Should be a gang of about 30 of us going for 3 days of silliness.

xcgb
    Free Member

Joe Bonnamassa @ hammy odeon

Schenker @ shepherds bush

Temperance movement @ borderline

Lots of goodies about at the moment

failedengineer

Richard Thompson band, the Sage, 3 March.

Might go and see John Shuttleworth in Feb.

binners

Johnny Marr at the Ritz in March. I’m pant-wettingly exited!!!

penac

Clutch at the koko, camden in a couple of weeks

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

John Prine at the Barbican next month.

Killing Joke gathering later on in the year.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I saw John Shuttleworth last month – very funny

I’ve got Calexico, Dutch Uncles and Caitlin Rose lined up for February

Need to book a few more for the rest of the year really!

Pigface
    Free Member

D:A:D

ChrisL

Eels (Glasgow) and David Ford (Edinburgh), both in March.

ThePinkster

Not a ‘gig’ as such but really looking forward to seeing Rich Hall at Crewe Lyceum in May, and possibly Andy Parsons the week after.

yunki
    Free Member

Lee Scratch Perry next month.. PUM PUM! 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m filling in for the lead guitarist in my old cover band this weekend as he’s broken his wrist, and I’m really looking forward to that 🙂 Haven’t played with them for about a year, it’s good to have the occasional gig with them.

noteeth
    Free Member

Live hop-hop can be a notoriously fickle/poor-value experience… but I had to make an exception for [some of] the Pharcyde doing Bizarre Ride… at the Jazz Caff in Feb. Can’t believe it’s been nigh-on twenty years since that album came out… and she’s still passin’ me by. 😳

Besides, I needed an excuse to visit London.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Foals in March!!!

Lifer
    Free Member

The Sword at the Underworld tomorrow
    Clutch at the Koko (high 5 penac!)
    Mike Watt in Brighton in February.

slugwash
    Free Member

Also looking forwards to the Lee Scratch Perry gig, but will have a clean, straight head, as I’ll be driving, although I might try a bit of light dancing if that’s possible when one is stone cold sober 😕

decky
    Free Member

Pere Ubu, Liverpool
    Slash, Blackpool
    Nigel Kennedy

DezB
    Free Member

2 rather indie gigs for me coming up –
    Dinosaur Jr
    & Joy Formidable
    Not seen either before, so should be good. Rather disappointingly, not much else on the horizon.

crazy-legs

Kraftwerk at the Tate Modern. 🙂
    Spent most of the day hitting redial on the phone and when I finally got through they only had tickets for the Techno Pop show (ideally wanted tickets for The Mix) but hey, it’ll be a great gig.

CountZero

Calexico, The Joy Formidable and Dinosaur Jr at the moment. More to follow, possibly ZZ Top, with luck.

yunki
    Free Member

Why the flaming bejeezus are you driving back Slugwash..? Could we not all chip in for a taxi or something..?

slugwash
    Free Member

Could we not all chip in for a taxi or something..?

My house is twice the distance from Exeter as yours so my share of chipping in would probably come to £40. Dunno how many are coming from yours & the monkey households but I can probably give you all a lift in the old Zafira.

Albanach
    Free Member

Biffy Clyro – Belfast at the end of march. Full weekend away was a gift from my wife at Christmas!

_tom_
    Free Member

Gutted Clutch seems to be sold out everywhere, I really want to see them live again. They were awesome when I saw em supporting Thin Lizzy, better than them in fact I reckon.

BoardinBob

Springsteen in June is the only one planned so far

Lifer
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Gutted Clutch seems to be sold out everywhere, I really want to see them live again. They were awesome when I saw em supporting Thin Lizzy, better than them in fact I reckon.

One of my favourite live bands, I’ve seen them 3 times and each time they’re brilliant. Didn’t go to the Thin Lizzy tour because I refuse to pay £25 to watch a support slot!

There’ll be a tour later in the year when they come over for the festivals I reckon.

emsz
    Free Member

DezB hope you like the Joy Formidable!! Theyre one of my favs, and roxy is sooo lush 🙂

Savages in Feb. That’s it ATM

bigblackshed

The Celebr8Prog festival in May. Some of my favourite bands. And a chance to meet up with some old friends.

spchantler
    Free Member

looking forward to mumford and sons last gig. i won’t be going, however.

nicko74

looking forward to mumford and sons last gig. i won’t be going, however.

ha! 😆

Nick Cave, Montreal, March. Making a weekend of it, get a bit of skiing in, the like. Bring it on!

vickypea
    Free Member

The Union at Manchester Academy next month, and also the Virginmarys. Seen both bands last year and can’t wait to see them again.

wee-al
    Free Member

@ NedRapier, I hate you. Every single ISAM gig has been scheduled around me being off shore. Even the foreign ones (willing to travel to see it).
    there was one date i could go too. London 23rd Feb. But that was moved to when i was off-shore. Typical.

@ noteeth, that sounds awesome.

I am going down to London in Feb to see Kid Koalas 12 bit blues on the Friday then a whole night of Tru Thoughts artists (Quantic, Belleruche, Anchorsong etc) on the Saturday night. Can’t wait.

enigmas
    Free Member

Lower than Atlantis feb 4th at Plymouth. Can’t wait!

Also seeing Don Broco + Mallory Knox on the 23rd feb, mainly for Mallory Knox.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘gigs you're looking forward too?’ is closed to new replies.