Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Gigs you have staggered home from!!
  • senorj

Currently bouncing off walls !ha.
    Underworld @ roundhouse = 10/10.

onehundredthidiot

Nirvana, carlton studios made it to car slept in boot.

Sleeper ditto.

Hole (Courteney love) post gig in Glasgow ended up in clatty pats with miss love and others definitely didn’t make it home.

spursn17
    Free Member

Finsbury Park Rainbow about 1978, The Jam.

Went backstage after the gig and missed the last train home. Walked as far as Walthamstow marshes and kipped on a bench outside the Ferry Boat Inn and woke up freezing cold and soaking wet at 06:30, happy days!

Northwind

Threw up fairly constantly from Richmond Avenue to Reading train station then all the way back to Edinburgh, one year. That’s a lot of spew.

binners

Some of them went on for days….

I remember having a moment of clarity after the Orb at Basics, sat on a house roof in Bradford with a load of guys smoking crack, realised I was the only one that wasn’t, nor was I about too, and thought it was probably time to go home.

I do miss the utter insanity of nights like that sometimes. Then I think about the actual reality of it, then i dont

yunki
    Free Member

I saw the Orb a couple of years ago… It was ace.. Alex Patterson asked where he knew me from after the gig and unfortunately I had to concede that I didn’t have a flipppin clue!

I returned home from Reading festival of all places ( 😯 ) one year, in just underpants and T-shirt five days after the festival finished speaking Swahili… Mum was not impressed

john_drummer
    Free Member

Never “staggered home” from a gig but I do have some memories…

1985ish New Model Army @ Leeds Poly – missed last train back to Bradford so spent several hours on Leeds railway station
    1986ish Same band Liverpool the tour manager saw me outside & asked if I was heading back to Bradford next day- yes – so a place on the guest list in return for taking a guitar to the workshop; afterwards a “follow that cab” moment for somewhere to crash.
    Same tour, Rock City, Nottingham – my lift there & back crashed so stuck in Notts; went to stage door & crashed a lift to Trowell services from where I managed a hitch-hike home. Still convinced one of their songs was about that night

RustyNissanPrairie

Currently bouncing off walls !ha.
    Underworld @ roundhouse = 10/10.

Dark Train, Rez/Cowgirl, Juanita, my brain has melted.

binners

I’m invisable….

yunki
    Free Member

and a razor of love or an eraser of love?

senorj

Slightly sober now…bar italia& a night bus home.hurrah.
    It was an eraser of love,love.:-)

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Most nights out in Ibiza! Even at 37 I still love the place.

Mister-P
    Free Member

This is good news as I’m off to Camden Roundhouse this evening.

avdave2

The Smiths 1985, had to get back from Brighton to halls of residence in central London, no memory at all of the journey back.

ontor
    Free Member

Lcd soundsystem at the Brixton academy, followed by after party next door. Those guys can go another night, alright..

mattbee

Orbital at the Octagon in Sheffield back in 1996. Went up there from Wrexham where I was at uni as my sister was at Hallam uni. Was supposed to be kipping on her bedroom floor.
    Gig was awesome, Autechre supporting, a bit of chemical enhancement, totally absorbed in it. Sis disappeared somewhere in the blur so I headed back to her halls on my own, don’t remember much more but I woke up in her next door neighbors bed some time the day after with my clothes nowhere to be seen. Turned out they were in the kitchen. I am still not sure how that went. Didn’t see my sis either as I had to scramble to get a bus to Manchester as a mate had got tickets for Rage against the machine. That ended up with a crazy speed fuelled wait for the first train of the morning the next day as we missed ours the night of the gig.
    A part of me misses those days, but it’s not the main part of me, that struggles to deal with too much wine with my dinner nowadays!

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Not sure where to start? Got lost in Belgium/holland for a “few” days at the Tourhout/Werchter festival – not really sure how I got home just remember playing football with U2…
    Went to see rock against racism in”londan” and hitched all the way back to the north east?
    My kids have no idea thank God

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I really miss that time in my life….

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Ahhh **** it’s not good getting old ..

Mister-P
    Free Member

I didn’t stagger out of Underworld last night, I floated. Oh my goodness, what a gig. Met loads of people out for a dance and a good time. It felt very much like “the good old days”.

donks
    Free Member

Pretty much every gig down at the local venue. It’s a venue pup in the next street so getting hammered is almost a given. Will be doing much staggering next week for dread zone.

Cougar

The most battered I’ve ever been after a gig is The Offspring. I’d been front and centre for most of it, I’d lost about a kilo in sweat and fell out the back going AAAAAAARRRGGGH WOOOO!!!! Tremendous night but I was bloody broken. Pogoed to death.

senorj

Hope you came down gently Mr P. 😉
    I was a little surprised how many ladies were out for a dance on Thursday night. Quality .
    Cracking atmosphere.

tang
    Free Member

Primal Scream/Parliament/pfunk all nighter at Brixton Acadamy. Danced all night with no Drugs, ruined walking through London at 6am.

senorj

“walking through London at 6am.”
    Used to be a regular occurrence once upon a time. A very beautiful place ,that time of day. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

9 March 2016, !!!, Brighton Patterns. Well I staggered to my car, then drove home.

frogstomp

Reef at Portsmouth Pyramids sometime around 1996.. got my glasses knocked off and had to stagger halfway across town with mole-like vision.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Prodigy at Doncaster Dome, was only 15 and didnt have a clue what was going on.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The royal wedding concert (charles and di) at the Mayflower Club in Belle Vue felt dead cool walking back to the city with the members of Varicose Veins until we were chased all the way to the Apollo by the Gorton Beano Boys

CountZero

Really only two; first was Johnny Thunders at Bath Pavilion, back sometime in the late 70’s, I think. Spent the afternoon at a workmate’s place, he was smoking dope, as was everyone else there, but I don’t smoke, so he gave me a little chunk to chew on.
    Result was getting totally off my face, seeing the most extraordinary things in photos in a book on Gaudi, and I have almost no recollection of getting to the gig, watching the gig, or getting home afterwards, although a friend was there, spoke to me, has said subsequently that I seemed a bit out of it, and I have no recollection of any conversation with her at the time. That’s about nine or ten hours that have vanished from my life!
    Second was Killing Joke at Bristol Bierkeller, I was in the thick of the pit at the front, it was incredibly hot, I was wearing a heavy leather bike jacket, and on the way out my mate observed that I was a very unhealthy shade of purple, and my jacket was sodden!
    Not sure how I managed to walk back to the car in the multi-storey on the opposite side of the road.

MrOvershoot

Killing Joke at Bristol Bierkeller, I was in the thick of the pit at the front, it was incredibly hot, I was wearing a heavy leather bike jacket,

1987? Also (Theater of Hate)Spear of Destiny 1983

rode my bike back to Redland

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Massive Attack – Barrowlands ’98.

Wooofffftttt!

CountZero

1987? Also (Theater of Hate)Spear of Destiny 1983

Nah, 1994 Pandemonium tour. Pretty sure it was the Bierkeller, I do remember it being pretty raucous.
    And sweaty. Very, very sweaty!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Many a 4am through 6am morning walking back through London, to the bagel shop in Brick Lane to scoff the sublime saltiness, and feel the cold sticky sweat chill down your shoulder blades.

vickypea
    Free Member

Cougar- I had the same experience at the front of an Offspring gig. The venue sloped upwards away from the stage so when you looked back you could see the entire audience going mental! One huge mosh pit! I was determined to keep my place at the front despite thinking I might get crushed. I was completely drenched in sweat and beer. A brilliant night.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Gigs you have staggered home from!!’ is closed to new replies.