Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • gigs, who are you off to see?
  • jamiea
    Free Member

Not been to a gig for ages, must make the effort and get a baby sitter. The Junction in Cambridge always have decent bills but I’ve never been.

wanders off to check website…

Bugger me- Shed7 are touring again? I remember seeing them BITD at 6th Form 😆

Cheers,
    Jamie

headpotdog
    Free Member

Really looking forward to the Arctic Monkeys in Manchester later this month

Stereophonics, Leeds in November.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kmLkfFrtU[/video]

later this month, followed by

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ZuaVxBog8[/video]

in Jan (above vid is poss NSFW)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    debaser

Skindred are superb live. Benji is one of the best frontmen around. Didn’t know there was a new album on the way.

Tempted to go see Scroobius Pip sometime too.

DezB
    Free Member

Tempted to go see Scroobius Pip too.

Just checking out the new album – its good. Anger is back 🙂

coynie09
    Free Member

Volbeat Manchester Academy fri 18th

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Iron Lung in Preston next month.

and possibly Slint, also next month in Manchester, at the recently reopened Albert Hall.

nowt else on the horizon that i can recall. my gf’s off to see Cud (as usual!) a couple of times over a weekend soon, but i never really liked them much.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Laura Marling in Birmingham last week, SixToes in London 20th November (sold out!)

flatback
    Free Member

4th street traffic, tonight!!!!!!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

In February. 😀

cr500dom
    Free Member

Im off to see the Cult play Electric in a couple of weeks at the UEA, and Im going to try and see the Good Goo Dolls there the night before too 8)

Saw James in Thetford forest this summer who were superb, as good as I`ve ever seen them and still mad as a box of frogs

nacho
    Free Member

After evryone saying about teh Dub Pistols I checked themn out as they are playing at Exeter in November, great I thouhht, I’m up for that. Then I am informed by Mres Nacho we are away that weekend and I can’t go 🙁
    Still I see the Mighty Diamonds are playing this month so hoping to sort tickets for them!
    EDIT
    I think I forgot to read that before posting, shows how good I am at typing!

donks
    Free Member

And I’ve grudgingly being talked into going to see Shed Seven’s gig in Leeds just before Christmas. They weren’t that good when they were good in fairness………..

I do believe they sunk so low they did the “at the link it’s easy” tune.

I also saw Drenge the other day and they were very good.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just bought tickets for The Orb in Kentish Town this Saturday night. Listening to Adventures Beyond… in the office this morning made my mind up.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I would just like to say that Crosby Stills and Nash @ the Royal Albert Hall on Friday was fantastic.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Tenacious D, Bourmeouth, December:

plumber
    Free Member

Mew and The Jezebels coming soon both of which I’m excited about

Went to see the Tateless Queensryche on Satuday night who were very good again. ssems like they wasted 20 years

Marin
    Free Member

The Selecter and P.I.L. on Wednesday. More interested in The Selecter to be fair. Attic Monkeys in a few weeks.
    Saw Moon Duo couple of weeks ago. Very good.

Blackhound

Madeleine Peyroux in November and The Pogues in December. No Phil Chevron this time round, sadly. RIP.

xcgb
    Free Member

Deep Purple in Camden on Weds

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The wedding Present a week tomorrow, meant to be taking my niece, she is 12 but very rock n roll!

You just reminded me to get tickets.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m also going to see Public Service Broadcasting. Only found out about them when I saw (half) their set at ArcTanGent at the end of August. They were brilliant fun.

Also heading off to Iceland Airwaves in Reykjavik in Nov. Excitement building.

loddrik
    Free Member

Far be it from me to go against the grain but find live gigs utterly tedious. Partly as I find most ‘real’ music equally tedious. Would much rather just go to a club tbh.

Crag
    Free Member

Just got tickets to see Simian Mobile Disco next Friday. Been wanting to catch them live for a while so really looking forward to that one.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Far be it from me to go against the grain but find live gigs utterly tedious. Partly as I find most ‘real’ music equally tedious. Would much rather just go to a club tbh.

more tedious than …duth, duth, duth, duth, duth, duth, duth, duth, duth, duth…(repeat)? 😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Saw Buffo’s Wake on Saturday

Awesome Gypsy Horror Punk Klezmer stuff

Go see. No one could find it tedious. 😉

CountZero

Obviously, as you’ll never find ‘real’ music being played in a club, just ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ‘doof’ ad nauseum, about as tedious and mind-buggeringly boring a way to spend an evening as I can possibly conceive.
    It fairly clear you don’t really like music, just something in the background to avoid embarrassing silences.

frogstomp

Just back from an awesome Cat Empire gig in Oxford… and I see they have Reel Big Fish / Less Than Jake playing in February 8)

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Big Deal
    Jimmy Eat World
    Into it over it
    Rocket From The Crypt

cheez0
    Free Member

Well im off to see 6 hours of doof doof doof at the weekend, if thats how you want to look at it..

Above and Beyond Group Therapy 50 at Alexandra Palace.

I dont normally get excited about anything, but i am about this weekend!

kjcc25
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBjWtg4qNrU[/video]

Going to see Sixtoes at St Pancras Old Church on 20th November, though they probably won’t have Dave Gahan with them, but you never know!!
    Gig has sold out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seeing Suede this evening at the Academy in Brizzle. Another one of those I missed the first time round and it would have been purely for old times sake but their new album was much better than I expected. It’s a surprise night out for mrs DD! (She still knows nothing about it. Hoping to keep it a secret till we’re at the door.) 🙂

goslow

Daughter were really good last weekend. Really disappointed that London Grammar have cancelled Monday’s show in Newcastle but still got Deap Vally to look forward to.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Billy Bragg in December.

CountZero

Thurman Merman – Member
    Billy Bragg in December.

Likewise, and really looking forward to it; annoyingly, I bought the tickets back at the beginning of the year, and forgot to mark it on my phone calendar, so went and bought tickets to see Thea Gilmore in Bath. The same night. 🙁
    Very grumpy now, and I can’t get a refund on them yet, as the gig isn’t sold out. Bugger. First time in forty-two years of gig-going, though,

ojom
    Free Member

Deap Vally next month. Then…

Steel Panther in March 14. Balls deep.

Jerome
    Free Member

Steve mason in brighon next week
    Proper excited
    Big fan of beta band

kevj
    Free Member

UK Foo Fighters at Newcastle O2 on the 9th Nov and erm, Tenacious D in Edinburgh in December. Tenacious D is for the wife, I’m just going fir a weekend away. Honest Guv…

sniff
    Free Member

John Power in about 10 mins

neilco
    Free Member

White Lies, third time around, local: Vega@Copenhagen.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘gigs, who are you off to see?’ is closed to new replies.