Gigs 2019

• This topic has 290 replies, 105 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by  booji.
Viewing 11 posts - 281 through 291 (of 291 total)
  • Gigs 2019
  • oomidamon

I saw The Wedding Present in a cave on Saturday night and they were fantastic. I can also brag that I spent the evening in the Devil’s Arse.

donks

Saw the Orb last night at a tiny venue in MK…. Was a bit meh TBH.

British sea power on Friday at the Craufurd (venue in town)

Pigs x7 the following week at the Craufurd

The Cult in Oct at Rock city…. The wife’s insistance.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

My little brother got inappropriately touched by a polar bear at British Sea Power in Camden last year, be careful!

Premier Icon lovewookie
    Subscriber

The Cure at Bellahouston last Friday. It was muddy, rob seemed to like playing. It was a great gig though, very impressive.

next up is Geoff Tate’s operation mindcrime next tuesday at the Oran Mor. supposedly very good too. last time I saw him he was still the frontman of Queensryche, it was 1990 and I was 16.

oomidamon

Victorious Festival at the weekend was great, New Order, the Vaccines, Bloc Party, the Hives, Idlewild, Fun Lovin’ Criminals, and loads more over two sunny days by the seaside.

Premier Icon verses
    Subscriber

Ed Sheeran ended his Divide tour with 4 nights in a park in Ipswich (close to where he grew up) this weekend.

I’m not an Ed fan, but my daughter is. Her and her mum went to Friday’s gig, then last night we all went along and sat in the park just outside the arena and free-loaded it (along with around a thousand other people).

Despite not being into his music, it’s hard to deny that what he does with guitar loops is pretty impressive, and listening to one of the worlds biggest solo performers play in a local park was pretty cool. It seems that Stormzy showed up for Sunday’s encore, however my daughter’s (admittedly overly-optimistic) hopes of a Bieber/Eminem/Swift/Stormzy guest slot were dashed last night.

Most amusing moment of the night was hearing The Darkness (support) playing “Get your hands off my woman” unedited to a crowd of mostly pre-teens 😀

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Off to see Frank Iero’s new band tonight, with Laura Jane Grace’s new band in support. That’s a bit more new band than I can really handle but should be good.

Premier Icon tonto
    Subscriber

i’ve ended up with four more flaming lips tickets than I need for Brixton this <i>Saturday</i>

anyone want to make a silly offer, ( less than face value) I am listening

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Saw Mull Historical Society with Bernard Butler and rather lovely, Bernard Butler’s son. Great show, lacked some of the chaos that usually comes with Mull shows where it’s just Colin and he can make it up as he goes along. Moments of absolute joy in Butler’s guitaring.

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

Johnny Marr was properly ace in Manchester this evening 🙂

booji

Dirtbox Disco in Dundee on Saturday

Viewing 11 posts - 281 through 291 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.