Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,602 total)
  • Gigs.
  • craig24
    Free Member

lister

I’ve just bought a ticket for John Cooper Clarke in Tenby for tomorrow evening. I’m quite surprised.
    Anyone seen him?

Went to see him at Liverpool earlier this year, he was class, really funny to.

Also had Mike Garry with him who did St Anthony which went down really well.

benman
    Free Member

Anyone else going to see LG at Knebworth this weekend? Going down with the same bunch of lads who I used to go to Oasis gigs with in the 90’s. Can’t wait 🙂

Got a day free on Friday in the Luton area for a few beers. Everyone says avoid Luton like the plague. Where else is good for a few drinks around there – Harpenden?

Went to see Liam on the Saturday, that was some gig. Kasabian were amazing to, didn’t know what to expect without Tom, but it was mint, really got the crowd going.

anagallis_arvensis

The Wonder stuff next Friday in Brum (of course). 30th Anniversary of Never Loved Elvis (well 32 now but you know COVID) can’t wait, my favourite song in the whole **** world will start the gig!!

anagallis_arvensis

Damn just seen it’s not next Friday but the one after

tartanscarf

Liam Gallagher at Knebworth last Friday. I’m not a fan of his but my brother was keen to go so I kept him company. LG was alright. Loved Kasabian – they got the crowd going massively. Paolo Nutini was great too, loved his new stuff. Big fan of Amyl and the Sniffers so enjoyed that.

James in Edinburgh last night. They are always great live and it was a brilliant atmosphere.

Sandwich

Apparently I’m seeing Johnny & The Baptists this coming Friday.

Can’t link to “Let’s Do It In The Library” as it’s not family viewing.

lister

JCC was brilliant. It’s impossible to know how decrepit he is and how much is an act but he was amazing last night. I’ve never been to an evening of spoken word and probably wouldn’t again but I’m glad I saw him perform. Quite quite unique and funny.
    Bob next!

desperatebicycle

Just back from PiL , small venue, very chilled crowd – stood right near the front in the middle expecting mosh, crush or something! Everyone around me seemed to be standing staring whilst I was going nuts. John said he was ill, but he was brilliant… band were brilliant. Not my usual thing to go watch an oldie, but that was mind blowingly good.

lister

Bob Mould played The Thekla last night. I suspect the hull is probably still ringing.
    An hour and a half of exceptional melody and distortion.
    His support act, Katie Malco, was excellent too.

SSS
    Free Member

Next gig lined up is Simple Minds

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Bob Mould played The Thekla last night. I suspect the hull is probably still ringing.
    An hour and a half of exceptional melody and distortion.

I’m off to see him on Thursday in Newcastle. Scary it was thirty odd years ago when I first saw him in Husker Du….

the-muffin-man

Just got tickets for Biffy Clyro in November.

Before that got Tears for Fears in Derby, and local Rock and Blues festival at Pentrich which I can walk to. 🙂

binners

Having not been to any gigs in ages, I’ve now got two on consecutive nights next week.

Very much a game of two halves

Greta Van Fleet on Wednesday at the Apollo then Crowded House on Thursday at Castlefield Bowl 😀

sadexpunk

Idles in Coventry for us tomorrow. itll be a sticky one…..

tomtomthepipersson

Saw Nine Inch Nails last night. They were bloody fantastic. Unlike the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs a couple of weeks ago,

No trains though so we had to drive almost 2hrs to Brixton. Which was bloody tedious.

StuF

PIL in Nottingham tomorrow, not my usual thing but a mate wanted to go, good to hear that it should be a good gig
    Beabadoobee at a small acoustic set + record signing in a few weeks time – looking forward to that
    Then also got Beabadoobee / Wet Let and Jake Bugg in the autumn

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Khruangbin tonight and Courtney Barnett week on Friday.

ElShalimo

Went to First Aid Kit at the Piece Hall in Halifax last night. First gig in about 4 years. It was great! Lovely venue, great sound, quite relaxed and didn’t rain that much. They really are very good, the 2-part harmonies are excellent, on a par with The Unthanks.

They had a really good wheelchair accessible area so some friends could go too. Well done Piece Hall !!

sadexpunk

idles pre-glastonbury gig at coventry last night, they were excellent as usual.

what a sweatbox it was last night, sooooo hot in there. my wife loves them too and has been lucky with where shes stood at all her idles gigs so far. either right at the front on the barriers, or at the front on a balcony, i said last night her lucks going to run out sometime and was guessing last night would be it.
    sure enough it got hotter and hotter as we were waiting for them to come out, more and more packed, and then two big blokes plonked themselves in front of her, she gave me ‘that look’ and i feared the worst 😀

i spotted a gap near the mixing desk tho, right by the door and it saved the gig for her. spot on view, cold breeze every time the door opened, so in the end i propped the door open so everyone near the door could get a bit of a cooldown.
    i dont think she’d have enjoyed the experience at all in any other place but there, so she lives to fight another day.

idles played a ‘brutalism-heavy’ set last night, so im expecting them to lean that way tonight.

phil5556

I had tickets for Glasgow but we didn’t make it, I wanted to see Katie Malco. Glad she was good, I’ll have to try and catch her next time.

anagallis_arvensis

The Wonderstuff tonight, cannot wait!!

Northwind

Brass Against a couple of nights ago- fantastic show, very selfindulgent, lots of overlong solos, but when it worked it absolutely bloody worked. Completely gorgeous version of Rooster by Alice in Chains is still completely stuck in my head, proper ebbing and flowing sea of brass stuff

Tomorrow, Biffy at Ingliston, in a big tent.

Marin
    Free Member

Saw Wonderstuff in Liverpool last week they were really great and saw few friends from greabo days not seen for 20 odd years which was also great!
    Bob Mould in Chester on Monday.

boltonjon

Jack White next Tuesday

Cannot wait!

lister

Katie Malco.

She’s a very good singer/songwriter. Not really from the same mould as Bob (ahem) but she really caught the audience. Considering she was playing to a room of old punks she held her own and made the crowd go quiet. Very impressive indeed.

anagallis_arvensis

The Wonderstuff in Brum last night were awesome, played entire Never Loved Elvis, went off and came back on with all the rest!! What a night!

goslow

Unfortunately  last nights Alanis Morrisette gig in Leeds was added to my lengthy list of cancellations. There were already people in the venue when the announcement was made.

Fingers crossed for Joan as policewoman tomorrow.

anagallis_arvensis

Unfortunately last nights Alanis Morrisette gig in Leeds was added to my lengthy list of cancellations. There were already people in the venue when the announcement was made.

Ironic?

dynamiccoins
    Free Member

After watching their set at Glastonbury (on the teie) I’ve booked to see Black Midi at Somerset House.

Love seeing gigs there. Saying that, I haven’t been for a long time.

Northwind

I saw the worst Biffy Clyro gig I’ve ever seen last night, at the Big Top in Edinburgh. It was great.

theotherjonv

Jack White next Tuesday

Cannot wait!

@boltonjon

Have just seen his unannounced Glastonbury set. How much do you want for your ticket? I’m prepared to remortgage 😉

tomparkin

High on Fire with DVNE supporting in Leeds this Thursday just gone.

I’ve seen DVNE before, and they weren’t quite so “on it” this time (two lineup changes maybe not quite gelling yet, plus rather muddled sound not helping their quieter and more delicate passages). But the good bits were good 😊

HoF were fantastic. Just came out swinging and didn’t really stop all set. I felt like I’d been worked over by some kind of hammer action drilling tool by the end. In a nice way of course.

BoardinBob

Leon Bridges in Edinburgh tomorrow night. Very much looking forward to it

CountZero

After watching their set at Glastonbury (on the teie) I’ve booked to see Black Midi at Somerset House.

Haven’t seen that, but they’re one of the twenty two bands on my list to check out at End Of The Road, along with Yard Act, Soccer Mommy, Sudan Archives, Gabriels, Newdad and some others I’ve already listed.

Anyone remember that website that would allow a printout of all the acts at various festivals showing where they overlapped each other, a sort of planner, flowchart kind of thing? I used it before, some years back, but no amount of searching seems to find it, ‘cos I think I’m going to need it!

CountZero

My first gig for 2023 is next February, and it’s Suzanne Vega, she’s playing the Forum in Bath, I’ve managed to get tickets in Row G, which is pretty good, and Low are playing Bath in November, at The Komedia, a nice intimate venue – they don’t tour over here often, so that should be a good gig.

swavis

Rammstein last night at the Coventry Arena, just brilliant 🔥😎🔥

docrobster
    Free Member

@CountZero is it
    This your looking for ?

I’m going to eotr too. Can’t wait!

BoardinBob

Leon Bridges was fantastic last night, however it was slightly marred by the crowd incessantly talking through his entire performance. Absolutely rage inducing. I can’t fathom paying money for a concert just to spend the entire time talking to your friends. It also happened recently at The War On Drugs. They’d just started and 4 guys appeared next to me having full blown conversations at the tops of their voices for most of the first track.

desperatebicycle

Oh yes, massive pet hate of mine, talking at gigs. I often just tell people to shut the **** up if they are nearby. Saw a band called The Acid – very quiet emotive stuff and the whole crowd seemed to be nattering all the way through it. It’s especially bizarre when it’s a 1-off gig from a band that only formed for one album and will probably never tour again! I mean WTF?!

desperatebicycle

oh wow, just got a notification that Sudan Archives is playing in Brighton. Brilliant! Discovered her stuff on Bandcamp back in 2017! Recognition is slow to come, I think she was on Later with Jools last year..? But, man I’m excited to be seeing her in August!

Nick

LCD Soundsystem on Saturday night in Brixton, haven’t been to the academy since NYE 93 Megadog feat. Orbital and Ozric Tentacles among others apparently, can’t remember a thing about it for some reason…

Re people talking at gigs, was it my brother, if so sorry, he ruined Michael Chapman (RIP) at Greenman a couple of years ago by nattering on to a mate all the way through his set, I’d been up all night and was half asleep in a chair in the rain and he was just out of kicking distance.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,602 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.