Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Giant
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

For a major bike brand, I don’t know a single person who has ever owned one and can’t recall ever seeing anyone out on the trails riding one.

Where are they all?

jam-bo

glory is probably one of the most popular DH bikes. plenty of faiths and reigns too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i rode soe at a demo day, absolutely loved them

reign x1 just makes you act like a fool, there is no limit to the size of drop off you’ll attempt on it, you just ride off, relax, and soak up the landings.

anthem-x its hard to describe how fast that bike is!

Smee
    Free Member

Not quite as quick as an Anthem though.

timdrayton
    Free Member

anthem, loved mine, miss it

hugh_b
    Free Member

I’ve seen a fair few at Swinley, i ride a brand new 06 trance 2 (old stock) which I’ve upgraded/changed the bits i didn’t want. Some great deals to be had at pauls cycles on them. Mine was the last 06 trance 2 which had nearly £1000 off rrp!
    A friend rides a brand new 08 trance x2 also.
    Near me the decent local bike-shop is a giant and trek main dealer so you always see them around on the local trails.

orena45

Where’s Olly when ya need him?!

colande
    Free Member

see plenty of trances,

I have an xtc

Dasha
    Free Member

Try getting out more often! 😕

nbt

Graham Foster has two, Ian…

matt_outandabout

^ what dasha says!

shinsplints

08 Trance here…..loves it.Rode a friends XTC 1 before I got the Trance & loved that too so when the Trance came up at a bargaintastic price I had to get it.Don’t think theres much 08 stock around now & certainly not for the steal I got mine for (& off someone famous aswell… 😉 )

MtbCol
    Free Member

Got a Faith, great fun to ride ( as long as it’s pointing down a gert big hill)

Terra

I had an NRS2, even did a fortnight in Les Gets with it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i have a trance-x, don’t get to ride it much but i know a few people who have the ordinary trance. great VFM.

shinsplints

Well I got the Trance3 & with a few nips & tucks here & there its a brilliant bike – the rest of the stuff will just get changed when it breaks/wears out.What mrsmith said about VFM.

will
    Free Member

got a giant nrs 2, really good bike, both my brother and dad have nrs 1s as well, brother also has a ac. i love giant bikes thunk there great, and also quite common 😆

daim

On my second Reign X 🙂

Love em!

caledonia
    Free Member

Original Trance 4 here !
    Love it, Love it, Love it !

atlaz
    Free Member

Got a trance in the shed begging to be built up

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I ride one

loddrik
    Free Member

Giant really do have the crappest colour schemes IMO, i am talking in general, not specifically

emac65
    Free Member

07 Trance 1 & a NRS2.By far the best bikes I’ve ridden & I’ve tried a few……..

Next bike will be the Anthem

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s three in my garage, maybe that’s where they’ve all gone?

It started with an Anthem (now sold) and led on to a Trance and a Reign – and my wife has an XTC.

I love the Maestro suspension, and I quite like the low-key image.

oldgit
    Free Member

Building an XTC up now and my son has my SCR Ltd road bike.

Had the older XTC 80mm hardtail, an NRS Carbon and Trance 1 though I kept buying too small. The old Trance was dynamite.
    Very good VFM I think, though I agree about the paint schemes however the quality is very good.

oldgit
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Carbon & retro in one pic

oldgit
    Free Member

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I had a giant boulder alu-shock. It lasted for quite a few years. When I got my Orange I kept the frame as I was going to build it up into a SS/Hack bike, but Mrs R reversed over it.

End of frame.

BTW, it looks like OldGit has all the Giants!

oldgit
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Hell they even grow on trees round these parts.

oldgit
    Free Member

Building one of these into a race bike right now.

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a ATX 850 (my first proper bike), than got a ATX 880 (same as Team frame but not Team paint). Damn light and quick. Always wanted a NRS, some were available, didn’t have money, got cash no tidy ones available. Eventually fell in love with my Kinesis, tryng some FX G-zero from Scott and Fuel Ex full sussers but a bit too much for XC. Giant was spot on and lighter than my mates S-works 🙂

Loved my Giant bikes, they were just flying uphill, never had the chance to test the NRS though. I was planning to buy a Trance but for what I’m riding now my current HT is more than enough.

Selling the ATX 880 was my biggest mistake. If the guy who bought the frame is reading this I want to buy it back 😀

Upgraded to full XT and CrossRides + FSA finishing kit and RS Duke fork loved it 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Oldgit,

what is the green hardtail?

oldgit
    Free Member

loddrik
    A very early On-One Inbred singlespeed.

chakaping
    Free Member

OK, here you go. ’08 Reign and ’08 Trance, both heavily customised. Quite good looking bikes I think…

jack
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

How do you post multiple pics in one go? If I cut and paste the previous pic dissapears

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you tried using the IMG button above the reply box?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Giant’ is closed to new replies.