Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Giant TCR composite 3
  • wors

Anybody have one? Interested in opinions of ride quality etc.

wors

Anyone?

wors

one last time? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

My OH has a TCR1, alloy though so no direct comparison but she loves it, lovely frame

ads-b
    Free Member

I just replaced my tcr c2 after 5 years of amazing riding. Fantastic ride and geometry for me. Perfectly comfortable enough for centuries and long rides. Fast enough for tts and tris. For the money I don’t think there is a better frame or spec out there when I got mine. Mind you boardmans didn’t exist back then. If you want a secondhand large frame and some parts, drop me a line.

smogmonster

I was looking at one of these in my LBS on Saturday…effectively they told me thta the frame was heavy for carbon, but that Ultegra is exceptional for the price. They recomended whichever Scott has the lighter frame, but 105 kit, for pretty much the same money.

wors

Cheers Ads-b i’m looking at getting new though. Just the input i wanted ta.

LeeW

I’ve got a 2010 advanced 2, I love it. Comfortable whilst being stiff/responsive under power. The frame is fabulous looking too.

Where you based?

ads-b
    Free Member

Not sure I agree about the frame weight. Weighed mine when i stripped it down and came out not too dissimilar to the Look 586 I just bought for a considerable amount more money. The forks do weigh a bit more though, but as they are alu steerer they will do. Doubt you will get a carbon steerer for another bike in the same price bracket.

My tips for road bike buying are to make sure it fits and make sure its got good wheels. 105 and Ultegra (and Rival and Force) are basically the same function and weight. Wheels make a huge difference.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got an older carbon TCR. Great for all round road riding. I got a storming deal on mine £600 off RRP. The first one I had delaminated around the bottom headset cup, the second fractured around and along the top tube. Both were replaced under warranty.

I wouldnt recommend one for towing a BoB trailer up to Mt St Helens though. 😯

wors

Rang my LBS who are a giant Dealer, 6 week waiting list!

LeeW, i’m in Bolton, just North of Manchester

iainc

The Defy is a slightly more comfortable version…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Giant TCR composite 3’ is closed to new replies.