Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Giant stem 40/50mm – any one got one that they’re not using?
  • ads678

I need a Giant stem to use with Giant conduct brakes. Needs to be Giant as the bolt spacing is different to most other stems.

Want one 40mm or 50mm long but really struggling to find any on line that are not from taiwan, cost a fortune, and take about 3 months to be delivered….

If anyone has one in their spares box I’d be happy to buy it off you.

I have got a wanted ad in the classifieds, but not sure if anyone looks at those…

Unless anyone knows of any other stems that have the same bolt spacing?

bri-72

Had to Google to find out, but oh why? Yet another solution that seems to cause issues more than it solves. Is it just a cable routing issue or does the stem have some purpose beyond that?

New Scott and focus bikes often have cable routing via stem faceplate, might be an option. Scott components often syncros branded.

ads678

No, it’s the actual dimensions between the face plate bolts. The distance is smaller than most (maybe all) other stem face plates.

The Giant conduct brake system is a cable to hydraulic system that has a reservoir that takes the place of the stem face plate. I need a shorter stem for a new bike but having trouble finding one. I kind of assumed some people might have bought a Giant MTB, with standard Giant parts and swapped the stem for a fancier one, then chucked it in the spares box.

I have found a couple if 60mm ones online that might work, but would like to try shorter than that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.