Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • giant squid programme
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Possibly done before but did any one see the octopus stuff on at around 20m in?

Worth watching on od, I was staggered.

chvck
    Free Member

Wassit called? Wouldn’t mind watching it whatever it was!

chvck
    Free Member

cheers!

slunk
    Free Member

Was it this bit?

Truly amazing.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m prodding everything in the living room now with a stick now, just to check there isn’t one hiding.

mtbfix

They had an octopus at Monterey Bay aquarium. Next door was a tank of fish. The folk there could not work out where the fish from the tank were disappearing too. No dead fish or fish remains were in evidence in their tank. Upon checking cctv it turned out the octopus was climbing out of its tank and across to the fish. It would then nab a fish and take it back to its tank to eat it. They had to put astro-turf around the top of the tank as octopus suckers cannot grip astro-turf so he could not get out to abduct other fishies. Cunning devils!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yeah, was an amazing program. Truely fascinating

duntmatter
    Free Member

I liked the bit at the very end with footage of a giant squid floating 1000s of feet down in the blackness and holding a huge undulating mass of eggs. So alien, and amazing, it looked like something from the vivid mind of a sci-fi visionary.

cynic-al
    Free Member

duntmatter I thought that was GGI?

goon
    Free Member

The bit with the octopus ‘3D camouflaged’ on the seaweed had me genuinely speechless. I couldn’t find words to describe the genuine awe I felt. Simply the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen.

chvck
    Free Member

Just watched this, wow. I love documentaries about deep sea creatures, simply amazing.

duntmatter
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    duntmatter I thought that was GGI?

I’ll have to watch again, but I think it was footage taken by an unmanned sub. Pretty mad stuff all the same.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Spongebob
    Free Member

The oceans hold many incredible creatures. Relatively affordable technology capable of reaching remote areas has only become available in recent years, so we are on a voyage of discovery. We can look forward to many more HD resolution treats on our flat panel TV’s in years to come. 😆

I personally thought the creature being able to morph itself into a clump of seaweed (in shape as well as colour) was pretty breathtaking.

I found the anatomy/vivisection of the giant squid fascinating too.

It’s feasible that there are some enormous creatures living deep in our oceans, as well as some interisting little ones.

Without science and the human desire to learn about our world, our lives would be much more dull. Good job we don’t all reject science like many of these religious nut jobs do!

carbon337
    Free Member

That colossal Squid was freaking huge “we’re gona need the crane”

Pleased I never go diving in the Antarctic.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘giant squid programme’ is closed to new replies.