Giant Reign-X Frame only, medium, 170mm travel, Fox DHX shock

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Giant Reign-X Frame only, medium, 170mm travel, Fox DHX shock

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Giant Reign-X Frame only, medium, 170mm travel, Fox DHX shock
  • Premier Icon mboy

Selling the frame off this…

Don’t get me wrong, it’s an awesome bike, I just don’t really ever get to use it! It’s the kind of bike that really needs some rough terrain to come into its own, most of my riding these days is more XC oriented, local or things like reds at trail centres. Of course you can ride this stuff on the Giant, but I’ve got 2 XC bikes which are better suited!

Anyway… Frame is an 07 model, was bought by its original owner new in mid 08, he rode it about a dozen times, then sold it to me at the beginning of 09. In the last 2 years, I’ve probably ridden it only a dozen times myself! The frame is in good condition, couple of minor scuffs to the anodising here and there, but that’s it. Shock works as it should, doesn’t lose air, doesn’t need a service etc. Bearings are all good in the pivots, no play etc.

These frames are easily a rival for Specialized’s more ubiquitous SX Trail, they can take from a 160-180mm travel fork, can be built up to be sub 30lb with care (seriously, frame is only about 8lb inc shock!), though low 30’s with a strong build kit is more favourable. They make for an excellent “mini-DH” bike as many people are looking for these days too, as they pedal very well (more like a 4″ XC bike due to the Maestro suspension), have a nice slack head angle, steep seat angle, long wheelbase etc.

The only reason I’m selling is like I say, I just don’t use it! I’d love to be going nailing it down DH tracks every few weeks, or taking it to the Alps, but I don’t! And I won’t be… So… Time to say goodbye!

I’m after £400 posted for the frame (including shock, seat QR, headset and an XT front mech). If you can collect from Worcester, then I will be happy to do a deal for cash on collection. And if you want any other parts to go with the build, I have quite a few to go with it, including a nice KS i-900 dropper seatpost in 30.9 which will be going spare…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Giant Reign-X Frame only, medium, 170mm travel, Fox DHX shock’ is closed to new replies.