Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giant frame warranty (excellent service content)
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

Thought I’d relate my recent experience with Giant’s warranty service. Briefly:
    Bought Trance X1 in 2010, replaced it late last year with equivalent 2015 (650b, longer travel, slacker) model, sold old bike, but on packaging for postage discovered a crack in the frame. Frame sent back to Giant – no 26″ Trance frames in the correct size to be found. The result – complete bike has been replaced with this year’s model (had to send the rest of the old bike back, obviously). No fuss, no hassle. It may have helped that I have a good relationship with my LBS (Two Wheels, Stourbridge) who did the legwork, but in my book that’s good service.
    Now which one do I keep?

singlespeedstu

How many beers did that cost to sort out. 🙂
    Sell the new one and buy more beer.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Beer is your answer to everything. But yes, you’re right.

singlespeedstu

Beer is your the answer to everything

😀

DanW
    Free Member

Good to hear the positives of warranty replacements. I always assume all companies are a massive ball ache to deal with but that is doing those who do a good job a massive disservice. I am no fan of Giant but they are growing on me lately

orangeboy
    Free Member

Oddly we dropped giant as a brand because that were a pain to deal with , was 3-4 years ago though

chakaping
    Free Member

How many beers did that cost to sort out.

Whatever the answer, he needs to get them some more.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Agree.

Giant are awesome. I cracked my Reign in Canada last summer, they asked for a couple of pictures and offered to ship a frame out directly to the local Giamt dealer who would strip the old bike and build the new one for no cost.

I said it was ok, I’d wait the few days until I was home. The frame was waiting for my arrival and the local Giant dealer built it up for me, at no cost.

Can’t really get much better if you need to use the warranty 🙂

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I bought a Heckler from Two Wheels a few years back and they were ace! Sounds like great service all round.

wicki
    Free Member

Some one forward this to Planet X warranty department please

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some one forward this to Planet X warranty department please

and Giant Australia who were insisting that customers paid for having warranty claims evaluated and then trying to get out of most of them…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giant frame warranty (excellent service content)’ is closed to new replies.