Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Anthem x2
  • Potter
    Free Member

evening guys an gals

looking for a full susser,and demo`d a giant anthem x2 the other day and loved it,only rode it for maybe 45 mins so not a proper ride
    just wandering if anyone has one and any thoughts or more importantly experiences please
    cheers

emac65
    Free Member

You already know mine,buy it ! 8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I demo’d one, very fast, but wasn’t entirely convinced I’d be able to keep up with it all day and still enjoy the descents. Seems to be an opinion backed up by the number of people on here who bough them then ‘improved’ them with 120mm forks

Probably the fastest bike to do a lap of a trail centre, but probably not the most fun.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rock
    Free Member

I have the 09 model, still with 100mm forks. Great bike. Very plush (especially now I’ve replaced the pivot bearings) and really efficient. Pro-pedal isn’t really necessary. It’s a riot on the descents and a rocket in the singletrack. Obviously not very slack, but I’ve taken it down a lot of very tecchy stuff (though haven’t really jumped it). The only concessions i’ve made to Gnarrr are flat pedals and an 80mm stem

legend
    Free Member

Probably the fastest bike to do a lap of a trail centre, but probably not the most fun

Depends on the trail centre….. Alpine v Anthem

for example:
    Mabie – Anthem
    Glentress – Alpine
    Inners – Anthem
    Drumlanrig – Anthem
    Golspie – Alpine (although the climb is obviously evil)
    Carron Valley – Anthem

In my opinion anyway.
    That’s with 100mm fork, 90mm stem and skinny bars

squiff
    Free Member

I have the Anthem x1, A real joy to ride, fast, buy one you will not regret it 😀

Potter
    Free Member

cheers guys
    taking a demo one to coed y brenin next week for a day so will have a better idea

squiff
    Free Member

Potter

Let us know how you get on as I am going to coed y brenin in 3 weeks for 4 days riding and i will be taking my Anthem.

Potter
    Free Member

no probs mate,be fine i think done it on my hardtail before

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem x2’ is closed to new replies.