Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • giant anthem sizing advice required
  • farmer-giles
    Free Member

being such a huge farming gentleman of 5' 6.5" stature could anyone advise on the frame size that i should be looking for please?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I ride a 19" frame and it is good for me 🙂 and I am 6'4".

Hope this helps.

But i do like a smaller frame.

danlurinsky
    Free Member

Weird, i have a 20" anthem x1, i didnt know they did a 19" too

Im 6' 2", so maybe an 18" would be best for you

pixelmix
    Free Member

I am 5ft7" and rode a medium (18") Anthem around the streets by a shop I am buying it from at the weekend. Medium was spot on for me, and I had the seatpost reasonably far up, so you should be okay with a medium too I would reckon.

I should mention though that I like quite a high seatpost and a reasonably stretched out position, as I use it for racing.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

pixelmix – that sounds just how i like it. There are a few deals with £250-£300 off that have got me thinking.
    i don't know if there is any info on 2011 models at the mo?

cheers for the replys, guys

pixelmix
    Free Member

Giles,

2011 Anthems are on the Giant Australia website, and will probably be the same spec in the UK. Comes with 3 x 10 drivetrain, which doesn't bother me (I'd rather have 3×9 or 2×10) and some other minor changes. The colour of the X2 is hideous to my eyes though, so I prefer the 2010 model. I've picked mine up for £1600 (the bike shop sponsors the XC series I race in, so all racers get 20% off).

Dales Cycles in Glasgow have only a Demo bike left in medium which they are doing for £1500. I am riding it next week, but they are looking to sell it after that I believe, and I'm told it'll be in great condition.

I also think that Giant have them at £1600 in their own stores, although I'm not near a Giant store, so can't confirm that. At lot of other stores seem to be low on stock.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sorry meant a 20" 🙂

farmer-giles
    Free Member

pix,
    ta for the info. I was looking at an x3 for £1350 online but think that they only have it in small.
    found pics of the 2011 range and its not encouraging me to wait until next year (yes i am a tart and i don't like their colour schemes).

cheers for your help

pixelmix
    Free Member

Pretty sure that Dales had an x3 in at the weekend for £1350 or so in the sale. Might be a medium, so might be worth giving them a buzz.

S_J
    Free Member

I'm 6'1 and I ride a large (20) I would say this is closer that being too small that too big, if that makse sense!? I'd therefore recommend an XL personally…

IanW
    Free Member

5,11 and ride a medium its 595mm ttube which is quite long for a medium. At 5'6'' a small may be best, the seat tubes dont go down all that much either so you may be best to try before you buy.

steviep
    Free Member

I am 5ft 6" and ride a medium anthem. The only mod I have done is fit a shorter stem as I dont like riding too stretched out.

sslowpace
    Free Member

I seem to be the opposite of everyone else, I'm 5'9" and ride a small. Its the older advance one though

onewheelgood

I'm 5' 7" and ride a medium. Mine was one of the early ones with flat bars and I've fitted a very slightly shorter stem (90mm vs 100mm).
    I'm happy with the size but occasionally think I should have at least tried a small.

clareymorris

I'm 5 7 and ride a 2010 small and I still put a shorter stem on!

farmer-giles
    Free Member

it looks like i will need a test ride.!

i wish you lot were a bit more consistant! 😉

4ags4
    Free Member

Defo go for a test, i'm a pretty average 5'8" and the medium just felt like a gate to me. Having said that the small felt too small!! Shame there is no inbetween.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Giles

I am 6ft and have a medium – the seat post has an inch and a quarter left in the frame to the max height line. My mate who is also 6ft but has longer legs finds it too small – all my other bikes are large. – so are you a long or short legged 5ft 6.5?

foggy
    Free Member

5-10 and a medium anthem (thomson layback post and 100mm stem). I'd say you'll def. need a small, but then I can't believe some of the guys on here are riding mediums which to me seem like they must be massive for them! Looks like you'll need to try one out as it obviously comes down to how it feels for you.

nmdbase
    Free Member

No one can say as it depends on torso length, go try both

neninja
    Free Member

I'm 5ft 7 and a bit and ride a Small Anthem X

Feels pretty much perfect for me – I have lots of seatpost out but prefer a smaller bike

daddymockett
    Free Member

I too am 5 ft 7 tall and ride a athem x1 in a small fits great

farmer-giles
    Free Member

thanks for all your help.
    i think i will try a small frame first (although i have a medium superlight and a 17" kona); although i tend to prefer a stretched riding position i am a '90s old skool flat bars + long stem person – which will no doubt shag up the best designed handling features!
    time to visit the malvern showroom

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘giant anthem sizing advice required’ is closed to new replies.