Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant 15mm front hub – spacer removal help.
  • smashit
    Free Member

So every 15 mm or 20 km hub I’ve ever used has end caps that just pull off with a bit of a yank. I’ve now got some giant branded hubs (P-XC2 wheel set) that I can’t get off for the life of me. Have tried the usual methods, leverage, vice, molegrips, wd40 etc. Now I’m wondering if they are fixed in some other way… any ideas????!!!

Cheers!

coatesy
    Free Member

I may be confusing them with another make, possibly Specialized, but do they have an ali ring pressed into the hubshell over the spacer?If they have, you can winkle the spacer and ring out using the axle, but you may have to remove the disc as it sometimes overhangs the ring.

flatfish
    Free Member

Giant ones are removeable iirc

steve_b77
    Free Member

Why do you want to take them off? If it’s to turn into qr, the Mavic adapters fit straight in

flatfish
    Free Member

Sorry that should have read “aren’t”.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Cone spanners on mine

smashit
    Free Member

I’m assuming that the end caps pull off then you knock through the axle to remove the bearings. I need to pop them off to check the bearing codes, so just trying to get the non-disc side off at the moment. Sound like I just need to persevere. Starting to scratch up the caps though from all the trying!

thepodge
    Free Member

I think when I had mine done they knocked them out from the other side through the axle

weeksy

Pxc-2 caps just pop right off. As above, do from other side with a long implement and tap off.

smashit
    Free Member

FYI, if anyone cares the end caps actually unscrew off the axle. Easy once you know how. You need two large wrenches to fit the vague flat sections on the outside of the end caps!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant 15mm front hub – spacer removal help.’ is closed to new replies.