Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ghost shifting xt clutch mech issues!
  • samcamsdad

Afternoon stw, I’m running an xt clutch rear mech ( medium cage), with a 11-34 xt cassette, xtr chain, and 34 race face nw chainring on my orange blood. I’m getting a lot of ghost shifting when pedalling out of rough sections or corners.
    Any one else had this problem, and know a solution? Or any ideas how to fix it?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Frame flex?
    Worn bearings on main pivots allowing the rear triangle to waggle about?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Checked your chain for bad links or do you have any hub play?

samcamsdad

Thanks for the replies, Not checked the frame for flex, ill have a look at bearings tonight.
    Hub has recently been serviced, so that should hopefully be still ok.

transition1
    Free Member

Has Rear Mech taken a knock?
    A bent mech hanger can cause shifting issues however much you fine tune the barrel adjusters
    how worn is the chain?

jonnouk
    Free Member

Outer cable too short?

samcamsdad

All the gear is only four months old, so shouldn’t be wear problem.
    The mech did get a knock second ride in, but its not bent and still shifts fine. Just seems to ghost shift when the back end is compressed, so I’m thinking cable or worn bearing.

samcamsdad

Ok so checked all the above, and can’t see any issues with any of them. Would chain length make any difference to ghost shifting?

jam-bo

The mech did get a knock second ride in, but its not bent and still shifts fine. Just seems to ghost shift when the back end is compressed, so I’m thinking cable or worn bearing.

Cable outer too short then.

jam-bo

Or chain growth if the chain too short.

samcamsdad

Thanks for all the replies, longer outer cable has been put on.
    I’ll get out tomorrow night for a spin and see if it helps. If not I’ll try a couple more links in the chain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ghost shifting xt clutch mech issues!’ is closed to new replies.