Ghost of (STW) Christmas past

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ghost of (STW) Christmas past
  • wiggles

Haven’t been around on here much due to not really owning any bikes anymore…

But I just wanted to once again say thank you to everyone that helped me out last Christmas, for those that don’t remember I had recently become a single dad after breaking up with my abusive ex partner and as a result had no choice but to leave my job working for a well known suspension servicing company…

And the people of STW donated presents/money for my kids, both new and 2nd hand and all were greatly appreciated and most of them (some haven’t survived 2 boys using them…) Are still used to this day, I had a tough time last year it it made such a big difference to my Christmas when I knew the kids weren’t going to be empty handed.

I’m happy to report things are a lot better this year, I have a part time job working in retail it’s not well paid but it’s certainly better than nothing and it is way better than living in the current benefits system where you are never more than one step away from a sanction or being told you have to apply for something else as you are no longer entitled.

I have a new girlfriend who makes me much happier than. I ever thought I would be. So in summary THANK YOU for getting me through such a crap time in my life last year and made it so I was able to carry on and improve things 😀

I hope everyone is doing good and this place is just as awesome as always.

*Looks in vain for the *like* button*

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

Waits for CFH to find “like” button, then hits it too.

grantyboy

Hi Wiggles

I remember you, glad things are on the up for you and the kids

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I remember you, glad things are on the up for you and the kids

+1.  Cheers for the update.  Merry Christmas.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Glad things have turned around for you wiggles. Now you just need a bike and all will be right with the world once more. I can donate a stem and bars to start you off if you want them?

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

awesomeness x100!

wiggles

I can donate a stem and bars to start you off if you want them?

Thanks very much for the offer but actualy have several parts of bikes and a crappy hybrid bike so not entirely bikeless but don’t have the time at the moment anyway between work and the kids. I still have all my bike clothes/shoes so hopefully one day!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I hope everyone is doing good and this place is just as awesome as always.

👌

(just don’t mention the Brexit thread, m’kay?)

ahh , Chritmas int Christmas till you have given someone a power kite , and  aTower of London poppy.

#prayforrusty

Glad to hear things are on the up.

STW is populated by tossers with very big hearts it would seem , which is abit of an oxymoron but hey ho seems to work

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Honestly, wiggles, this is so good to hear.

I can attest to the fact that this place is just as good as ever. Even if folk on here complain about the update, and fight about religion, and get on each others’ wick from time to time, there is hardly one of them for whom I wouldn’t mind buying a drink!

ton

keep looking on the brightside wiggles, and everyone.      aces.

I remember the back story. Delighted to know things are going well. It’s great to know you and your family saw the good side of humanity as well as the not so good.

Will I get flamed for a ‘Happy Christmas’ in November?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.