Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ghetto Swat, is my logic correct?
  • hutchweb

With inspiration from Specialized’s SWAT I have started storing tools, spares and a tube on the bike rather than in a camelback or pockets. My logic is that storing it low down on the bike is the best place for it.
    Am I right in this do you think?
    Having spent a load of dosh on making the bike light I am now adding weight. However it surely must be better than having it on my person?

BoardinBob

Ignore me, I’m an idiot

chrisgibson
    Free Member

My worry would always be about the kit falling off or catching. I store most of my kit on my road bike in a similar way to what you have in the picture. For some reason though I can’t bring myself to frame mount anything on the mountain bike.

That said your solutions look pretty robust from what I can see.

scaredypants

Ignore me, I’m an idiot

😉

I’d make sure it’s VERY thoroughly waterproofed and secured and that, once you’ve used it in the pissing rain in the middle of the night, that wrapping and securing can easily be redone for the ride home

(I use a tool holder that fits in the bottle cage but then I have to carry a camelback when on my FS as there’s only room for one cage)

tops5
    Free Member

I always think that the weight is better of on my back than on the bike – as the bike will handle better without.

I could be wrong

scotroutes

there’s also the King Cargo Cage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto Swat, is my logic correct?’ is closed to new replies.