Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Getting your photos made into 'book style' albums – your experiences?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Anyone done this as an alternative to the more traditional albums you create at home?

What are your experiences / things to be aware of?

Which company is worth a look?

Thanks

footflaps

I’ve done a couple with Blurb, very pleased with them:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/user/footflaps

grum
    Free Member

Blurb are good but not cheap. Photobox are alright.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Freester

Blurb is about the right trade off in quality / colour reproduction vs price in my opinion. And it looks great!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Photobox are alright.

I created one one Photobox and had it printed twice as a present for people. Both arrived with the spine on the hardcover showing wear before I even unwrapped it and the spine glued too deep so you couldn’t read the writing that had been written on some of the pages.

I complained to Photobox and to their credit they sent out two new versions free of charge….unfortunately they were exactly the same condition as the original two!

29erKeith
    Free Member

another +1 for Blurb

used them for a few photo books for our wedding and Honeymoon.
    great quality + great to be able to share the books online with friends who aren’t local too

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Did one for my Dad’s 70th using Yophoto, which was recommended to me by a friend. Very impressed with the results.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Mypublisher – Always discount codes
    Had 4 different books done now, all look great

5thElefant
    Free Member

CEWE have a nice editor but are expensive.
    uk.foto.com have a less nice editor but are cheap.

Both give nice results.

ericemel
    Free Member

My wife (who is a graphic designer) always uses Bobs Books with the photographic finish. Not cheap but the results are stunning.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Some friends gave us one they’d had done of photos from our wedding through Shutterfly. We were really pleased with it, not sure how any of these things would hold up to constant browsing though compared to a ‘real’ book.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We had some photo’s made into a calendar – done on a mac and maybe printed via Apple also. Had a few done as presents and they were brilliant.

tinman66
    Free Member

Used photobox several times and always been really happy with the results. Definitely use them again.

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve used Blurb a few times. They seem good, the only slight problem with them is that I don’t think the final proofing tools are fantastic. I didn’t have quite as much confidence that what I was getting was exactly what I wanted as i’d like. A friend had exactly the same problem, and his came with text he didn’t expect on the spine.

Nice quality though, esp. with the hardback covers and posh paper.

dropoff

We use Albelli, reasonable cost good quality and simple to use software.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Getting your photos made into 'book style' albums – your experiences?’ is closed to new replies.