Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Getting stuff for free…
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

…in the last three weeks:

Professional refurb of all alloys wheels after I noticed mine were getting tatty (lacquer was coming off) – called the dealer who sold it to me, they paid for it – £260 and they look brand new.
    Three buggy tyres – Mothercare My3 ones fell to bits, I moaned – approx value £50
    Two mower wheels – My Husqy 21" petrol mowers wheel crumbled and fell off. They are £30 each – I wasn't impressed – value of £60
    A pair of running shoes I'd used about ten times off road – one was too small and they gave me killer calf ache – Wiggle took them back with full refund despite them being used – £75
    A boat pump bailer – handle snapped off – £20
    An HTC Desire battery cover – lens cover scratched, wasn't impressed, couldn't find a replacement, HTC sent me one free (now getting a Case Mate Toughcase for it so it doesn't happen again) – approx value £20

All legitimate "claims" but all could have been ignored.

Total value – £535.

Splendid.

Rochey
    Free Member

If only I had some of your luck, well done you.

jam-bo

you didnt get it free. you bought shit stuff that broke.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i used to always try for free stuff but since working part time in retail ive realised what **** customers can be. Now i will complain if i think there is seriously something wrong – if i know im pushing my luck i will accept it if they dont. I generally find being polite is very useful though, after all who wants to help a moody asshole.

Nice booty youve swagged though 😆

highclimber
    Free Member

some people will try anything to get a freebie!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

If only I had some of your luck, well done you.

Huh? All I read in there was a list of stuff that had gone wrong and he had to go through the hassle of having it replaced, seems like the kinda luck I can do without thanks.

avdave2

Note to self, ignore any kit recommendations from Surf-Mat.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Indeed I'd rather not have the hassle of getting stuff sorted but it's kind of satisfying when the situation is resolved properly.

None of it is "trying it on" IMO, just getting customer services to do their jobs properly 😉

Always polite, always "humble," never demand anything, just suggest it – seems to work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Getting stuff for free…’ is closed to new replies.