Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Getting speed limit reduced/traffic calming measures installed – how?
  • IanW
    Free Member

I’m sat on a bus at the moment, my phone gps says we are doing 40mph, it’s a 30 mph zone. Nothing will stop them but absolute enforcement, probably with an AK47.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Other roads have had priorities changed so that the main road has to give way to adjoining minor roads. So again, you can’t steam down at takeoff speed cos you’ve to give way after every block.

My parents town in Spain has done this to good effect – essentially it’s a grid pattern. Most of the roads are one way although there are a couple of bigger two way roads, and almost without exception they all have to give way at every other junction (the one road which does have priority all the way through is a “shared space” road where there is no distinction between road and pavement and pedestrians have priority at all times). Speeds are low and drivers will happily sit behind cyclists.

project
    Free Member

When i lived in chester, a local person stood at the side of the road taking pictures of all speeeding motorists, what he did with the pictures ,nobody knew but he got the speed limit reduced while getting a lot of cheery waves from passing motorists.

Perhaps all the neighbours come out ans stand still but with a camera in hand.Flash optional.

scotroutes

Is your bus driver on his smartphone posting under the name of Maxtorque by any chance?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Getting speed limit reduced/traffic calming measures installed – how?’ is closed to new replies.