Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Getting peoples email addresses
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you wanted to send speculative emails to various people in various organisations is there any easy way to get their email addresses? Assuming you know their first name and surname and the company name.

I know I could use firstname.secondname@company.com but that misses an awful lot where they use initials or have .uk and stuff.

Any tips?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

soon to be known as WorldClassSpamBot

joemarshall
    Free Member

If people have obscure names, facebook can be a pretty good way for getting in touch with them. Or google for “@company.com” until you find someone’s email address, to get the format.

Joe

ajf
    Free Member

In google ask for the exact phrase of “@company.url” (usually the end of the email) but you are not wanting the web address therefore -www.

so for O2.com you do the following.

“@o2.com”-www.

You should get someones address from there then your sorted. Alternative is linkedin.com someone usualyl has their email in their profile to attract friends. Ignore them and just find out the pattern.

I guess you are in sales?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

ajf – I am trwawling through LinkedIn at the moment. I was hoping someone had a shortcut directory. I will try the Google suggestion. thanks. I was in pre-sales, I am now an economic statistic trying to get back into pre-sales. 😉

lunge

WCA, agree with the above, find out the end of the address (xyz.com or xyz.co.uk, etc) then try a few variations of the name. first.second is most common, initialsecond is also common.

crazy-legs

Phone the company and say you’d like to send an email to Mr xxxxx, could they please supply you with his email address.

Easy.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

careers@ …… normally has somebody at the end of it. Problem is its normally HR … but you cant win them all

samuri
    Free Member

I’m guessing, and this is because it’s what I do, if someone recieves an out of the blue email asking for work, that most people just hit the delete key, unless they’re on a MAC in which case they have to press two buttons for christ’s sake. You might have more joy just phoning up and asking to speak to them, they’re more likely to give you their email address then and will actually look at something you’ve sent them once it’s arrived.

ajf
    Free Member

I also used crazy-legs suggestion. If I was aiming fora director or someone like that then I would tend to find a middle manager or lower on linkedin and ask for their email address to find the pattern.

Reception sometimes don’t give emails of senior management but are less wary if they are lower down the food chain. If they still resist, say can I send it to you to pass on? they sometimes fall for that.

I WAS in recruitment for a while. I am no longer in recruitment. I have paid my dues, reformed and no longer part of the selling of flesh for a quick buck. I feel I had to say this so no-one thought I was a professional stalker.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Go on the ‘contact us’ page of a companies web site to see how their e-mail addresses are constructed. This will work unless its a form obvioulsy. Or for the ‘stalker free’ approach you could give the company a call. Although reception in our place don’t normally give my e-mail address out, they call me and ask if I want to take the call.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Getting peoples email addresses’ is closed to new replies.