Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Getting paid to take points – would you?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Lets say you’ve been asked to say you were driving someone else’s car when it was caught speeding.
    You don’t know if its points (3 points) or a speed course but you’ll be £500 richer if you say it was you.

What would you do, hypothetically speaking of course 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Didn’t an MP go to prison for something similar?

Jamie
    Free Member

£500? **** that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nothing bad drivers are a menace to us all and they need to learn the lesson not me.

MartynS

Perverting the course of justice…… Prison

I wouldn’t.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cool, my thoughts exactly. Didn’t know if it was just me and the mrs sitting in our “we’re not criminals” high chairs.

edlong
    Free Member

I’d say if you were considering doing it, a good first step wouldn’t be posting about it on the internet.

And no.

chewkw
    Free Member

£500 is peanut nowadays and even plumber get inflated income …

£1k perhaps so start with £1k as negotiating point.

😯

rossatease
    Free Member

Ha knowing my luck the day I agreed I’d get flashed and there’d be film in the camera.

So hypothetically yes but I’d need at least a grand, don’t get out of bed for anything less.

Then I’d need the necessary false ID, passport etc to avoid STW lynch mob, me being such a reckless criminal and encouraging others to be so..

jambourgie
    Free Member

Depends on the circumstances. Hypothetically yes to help a friend or family member. No to anyone else. The points system is a great leveler of rich and poor. To be honest I’m surprised there isn’t a whole black market devoted to this.

Cougar

It’d take a lot more than £500 for me, that’d leave me with about £17.39 after my insurance premiums mysteriously inflate for several years. 500 grand, maybe I’d entertain the idea. But probably not, the idea of jail doesn’t appeal.

rene59
    Free Member

Take the points, then what? Find out later the car was in a hit and run 10mins earlier. What’s that Mr skiprat? You never mowed down a pedestrian? But we have this document on file that you admitted to driving the car?

grievoustim
    Free Member

Take the points, then what? Find out later the car was in a hit and run 10mins earlier. What’s that Mr skiprat? You never mowed down a pedestrian? But we have this document on file that you admitted to driving the car?

mmmm good starting point for a modern noir crime thriller there

thecaptain
    Free Member

Well, I’m not going to get all hoity-toity about not being a criminal, as I’ve been happy to commit plenty of crimes in the past when it suits me. But I wouldn’t do this one unless there was a lot more going on that isn’t being told.

trambler

I knew someone who spent a few months in HMP for the same thing, all went well initially then one of the conspirators couldn’t keep their gob shut!

crankboy
    Free Member

Don’t do it . simple economics of crime suggests it is a bad move too . Chances of detection not high but significant. immediate penalty significant at least 4 months probably a lot more . long term impact unemployable in any responsible job and real risk that if you were ever accused of a crime or the victim of a crime this conviction would be used to destroy your credibility. You would also find it would put up your insurance premiums house and car.

hora
    Free Member

Depends. If it was a world class blowjob I’d take 3points. I’ll remember that long after the points have gone.

Northwind

I won’t say I’d definitely do it, but I definitely wouldn’t do it for £500.

thomthumb
    Free Member

To be honest I’m surprised there isn’t a whole black market devoted to this.

erm.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

500 quid!!!!! A lad we work along side on site takes them for 150 quid!!!!

Know of at least 2 lads whove used him and succeeded,naughty yes but to be honest how many of us lot speed on a daily basis? Im not talking 100 on the m way but like 80 or 70 on a dual carriage way?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

It’d take a lot more than £500 for me, that’d leave me with about £17.39 after my insurance premiums mysteriously inflate for several years.

Ol’ goody two-shoes has car insurance.

large418
    Free Member

Take the money, then contest it and the photographic evidence will prove it wasn’t you driving. £500 richer and nil points!

Or tell the requestor to face the music like a man/woman.

bearnecessities

If it was a world class blowjob I’d take 3points. I’ll remember that long after the points have gone.

Quite. A bloke noshing you off to take his three points would haunt the mind somewhat.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is this payoff anything to do with the amount of points the other person has on their licence at present?
    I took the 3 points 3 years ago rather than do a speed awareness course. declared it to my insurance company & lo & behold…no change to my premium but even more lo & behold I actually got a cheaper quote the following year after declaring it on my new quote!
    Does the other person have points already or do they just want a clean (looking) licence?

jekkyl

How fit is their wife?

breadcrumb

how many of us lot speed on a daily basis? Im not talking 100 on the m way but like 80 or 70 on a dual carriage way?

Dual carriage way is usually 70.

maccruiskeen

Know of at least 2 lads whove used him and succeeded

succeeded….. so far. Both the parties- the ones that offloaded the points and the one that took them are in contempt of court. They have got the rest of their lives to find out if they got away with it or not.

The guy that took the points… thats not a one-off payment of £150 I take it, he gets £150 every week in perpetuity to buy his silence. Is that right?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Sorry breadcrumb ive bin in scotland too long 50mph for a van on dc.

No the lad took one payment of 150quid off each lad so 300 for 6 points.

I feel dont take the micky and you wont get stung. Ive happily sat in work van doing 83mph on the mway with a copper in a unmarked sat next to me with no pullover.

Now our vans are all restricted due to some stupid eu directive on new company vehicles so no risk of speeding.

However i fell its unsafe having revs and speed limited as most people sit at 75-78 and our vans counter this and no chance of overtakes, so slowing down to fall back behind which in turn causes car behind to do same, not the best. Fun pulling out at roundabouts with only 2k worth of revs timing is crucial or a nice side swipe can occur.

maccruiskeen

No the lad took one payment of 150quid off each lad so 300 for 6 points.

of course he can renegotiate his terms any time he feels like. He’s got them both over a barrel.

konabunny
    Free Member

Not entirely – what’s he going to do if they don’t pay him more?

I wouldn’t take points for money because I wouldn’t be able to work in my profession (most likely) if I get rumbled. Which I would, because I’m a crap liar.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Straight no. Not worth it at all. If the other person is in the situation where they are going to get a ban etc. it’s probably best they do as the warnings haven’t really sunk in have they.

benji
    Free Member

No thank you, £500 doesn’t get you a decent bike.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Good friend of my wife, respectable degree-level professional with no previous also went to prison for this. OP, its your criminal record, career, impact on family etc but even putting that aside, the risk of getting found out and the consequences she served was no way worth £500.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Getting paid to take points – would you?’ is closed to new replies.