Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting paid on a Sunday?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

I currently bank with the halifax and I’m wondering if I get paid on the 28th of every month, what happens when it’s due to go in on a Sunday? Will it clear on Saturday Sunday or Monday? Or just be swallowed up never to be seen again!!

the-muffin-man

If the company is anything like decent they should make sure the money is in your bank on the Friday before.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Your company takes it down to the Halifax on the Sunday, and leave it outside their front door with a postit note saying who to give it to.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

NHS payday for me is 28th of each month, or last working day pre 28th. So I’ll be getting paid today for proper payday Sunday. Gets messier in December as 28th is one of the bank holidays, so will be paid on 23rd. January becomes a very long month……

[edit] Just checked, already been paid, money is in the bank.[/edit]

bigyim
    Free Member

My company is no where near decent. Any idea which bank they leave it outside? I wouldn’t want to go to the wrong one and look foolish

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If your contractual pay date is the 28th you must receive the money by then – so it will have to be the Friday before if they cannot deposit on the Sunday

dooosuk
    Free Member

Payday is 28th for me and I had my wages in the Halifax this morning 8)

bigyim
    Free Member

Haven’t got a works contract either!!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I got paid on Wednesday, and it’s all gone already 😥

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have no written contract you have an implicit one – and your payday is a part of that.

turboferret

Agree with the above, which bank you use is irrelevant, you should have funds available on the 28th or the last working day preceding that if the 28th is a holiday.

Cheers, Rich

Stuey01
    Free Member

What all the other posts said. You should have it by the 28th (so it should really be in your account already).
    If you don’t it is probably your company’s fault and not the Bank’s.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I bank with Natwest & get paid on the 25th of the month. If it’s a weekend or bank holiday then iit’s in my account on the last working day beforehand.

If it’s a Monday, natwest are kind enough to let me have it on the Saturday beforehand 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting paid on a Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.