Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Getting out of the way of ambulances and car damage
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

OP the only mistake you made was giving a single f***, what the ratrace in the others cars thought 😉

I’d have done exactly the same as you and pulled over when I thought appropriate.

popstar
    Free Member

Traffic commissioner or competent traffic police officer can ask/direct you through/into red lights. Ambulance/Fire etc can not. So if you get points or fine by going through red lights its your own stupidity and fault. Pull up to create a gap when its safe to do so.

Irrational and hectic driving can create big problems.

aracer
    Free Member

Go on TJ enlighten us with the make and model of the so called “pussy wetter”?

😆 FYI TJ spends all his money on expensive German hubs, not expensive German low slung cars 😉

stu170
    Free Member

I have done 120mph to get out of the way of a police car before. On a singletrack straight road with nowhere to pull into. Gunned it and pulled over when i could. Passenger of police car gave me the big thumbs up.

Drac

stu170
    Free Member

Thanks drac. Much appreciated. Not quite as awesome as you though

kristoff
    Free Member

Pictures of said German penis extension to make a judgement please 🙂

No doubt in my mind you did the right thing though.

njee20
    Free Member

BMW 750i I reckon…

A couple of years ago a fire engine passed me as a joined a dual carriageway. It was quiet, and he was merrily sitting in the inside lane, lights on, but only doing about 60mph. I wasn’t really sure on the protocol, but eventually just overtook him and carried on!

Drac

Thanks drac. Much appreciated. Not quite as awesome as you though

There can only be one.

docrobster
    Free Member

I had some tool drive into the back of me a few years ago as I had stopped at a green light (I know- heinous crime) on a 40mph urban dual carriageway to let the emergency vehicle on blues and 2’s coming the other turn right in front of me. Not an emergency stop either. Had been stationary a few seconds before he hit me. He obviously saw a green light and thought, gun it before it changes….

jon1973
    Free Member

Passenger of police car gave me the big thumbs up.

Was he sitting in the back with handcuffs on?

brack
    Free Member

For 90% of the stuff we get called out to..

A few years delay wouldn’t make much difference let alone 10secs !

randomjeremy
    Free Member

It’s an M3 convertible. Utterly obnoxious and totally camp, suits me down to the ground 🙂

Drac

A few years delay wouldn’t make much difference let alone 10secs !

Amen!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Someone I know drives fast police cars. I asked about truck drivers seeing blue lights behind them. No problem, he said, they check their mirrors every bend, you know they’ll see you, wait for the right place, indicate and slow down. But if there’s five cars behind the truck, two will try to overtake just as the cop car comes past on blue lights and siren.

If I were sat at a red light and had no-where else to go, I’d move forward, cautiously, out of the way. I’ve had rides in ambulances, thanks, but fortunately not on blue lights.

TomB

Slightly off topic, but something that is useful to us as we approach you is to know you’ve seen us. We look for at least 2 signs- indicator on, change in road position, change in speed. The earlier you can display these the easier it is for us. Agree with majority here, don’t damage your car or drive illegally to make room. Btw, there are sometimes tossers behind the wheel of emergency vehicles as well!

bren2709

Oops sorry RJ for insulting you and confusing you with TJ.

M3 conv. Your not a hairdresser by chance? 😉

iamroughrider
    Free Member

seemed like you were reasonable.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Getting out of the way of ambulances and car damage’ is closed to new replies.