Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting my old road bike back
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Well hopefully on Saturday.

Was my old racing bike, Gios with Campag Chorus and Athena and Cinelli finishing kit. Can’t remember exactly when I built it new, sometime in the eighties when Indurain was the main man.

joe1983
    Free Member

How did you track the old girl down?

oldgit
    Free Member

It went through various local roadies and ended up with a customer of mine, but it never left the town. I did sell an old mountainbike to this guy and when I asked about how that was going we got talking and hey presto.

The saddle has been changed, but it looks like it still has the clear Benotto bar tape from back then. It’s pre Ergo and was made from Oria tubing which I’m off to Google now.

oldgit
    Free Member

Damn can’t get to it until Tuesday night. Been doing some research into the frame and it looks like it was a good bit of kit.
    I think it might be fitted with Campags first 8 speed kit so possibly suitable for an 8 speed Ergo upgrade.
    It’s all flooding back now, Campag Omega wheels. And old Cinelli 66 track bars (what I liked back then)
    Stupidly excited about this.

BadlyWiredDog

You do realise that simply having your old bike won’t magically transform you into the missile on wheels you were 20 odd years ago don’t you 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Just want it for it’s loveliness.

Cheeky git. And anyway your wrong, it will it’s magic.

bobby-gg
    Free Member

Oldgit, are you going to post pic’s of it when you get it?

I’ve just acquired a Joe Waugh, which after a lot searching I think is fitted with Anthena kit, it’s a 7 speed, and has plastic crank bolt dust caps, the hubs are record with mavic ma40 built with straight gauge dt spokes.

all that’s missing is the callipers so that’s what I’m on the look out for now.

Rob.

hora
    Free Member

Wow! Pics please when you have ‘her back 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Just want it for it’s loveliness.

Cheeky git. And anyway your wrong, it will it’s magic.

Ha, bring it Peakwards this summer and we’ll see about that – and you’ll get to meet Mog 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

I will do, though I’m going to have to sort this guy out some way or another.
    Spookily my Gios came from Joe Waughs place, well pretty certain I did.

oldgit
    Free Member

Who or what the flippin heck is the Mog?

ton

who is ‘in the rain’ 😉

MrOvershoot

Well hopefully on Saturday.

Was my old racing bike, Gios with Campag Chorus and Athena and Cinelli finishing kit. Can’t remember exactly when I built it new, sometime in the eighties when Indurain was the main man.

Probably a 90’s bike if Indurain was winning 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting my old road bike back’ is closed to new replies.