Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • getting my girlfriend into biking
  • domino

Nice one for getting her into it. Be prepared for a huge rise in biking costs – its two of everything from now on, mrdomino hates it if I out-bling my bike.

I can’t seem to recall many temper tantrums out mtb-ing (I mostly have those off the bike) but I have been known to burst into tears on my road bike – mrdomino has now learnt that a tea stop is obligatory in order to avoid tantrums.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Talking of outblinging bikes – Mrs Lake is very fond of the blueness of her bike and I made the mistake of letting her see the Hope cabinet at my LBS… *sigh*

richc
    Free Member

Did you go with a mtb company to Slovenia CK? or did you wing it?

josemctavish
    Free Member

My wife hardly ever gets to go riding thanks to her work but when she does she’s quicker uphill than all my mates and is surprisingly capable offroad for a beginner. Unless it snows at Pitfichie…

GaryLake
    Free Member

That’s some pretty “rock n roll” conditions right there 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Did you go with a mtb company to Slovenia CK? or did you wing it?

Winged it. Well, my missus is an ex travel-agent so she enjoys searching for and booking holidays. Flew to Trieste in Italy, drove to Bovec and stayed in the ski village area. All-in cost about £550 each for two weeks, inc lift payments, food, beer etc.

Mctavish – thats some ace blood letting, very impressed.

nickegg
    Free Member

I feel sorry for some of you lot. I love riding with my partner, clearly there must be something wrong with me for wanting to actually spend time with her!

Our rides together are at a slower pace than ones on my own but thats fine with me. She’s never far behind on the descents and just takes everything at her own pace.

She’s crashed a few times as have i, part of the process no?! We actually got into biking at the same time via a holiday to the lakes a few years back. We don’t earn much so bikes are our only extravagance. We talk endlessly about it and in May we’ll be taking our bikes on our honeymoon for our first experience of riding in the Alps.

richc
    Free Member

How did you work out/research where to ride? as Slovenia looks interesting, but I am not 100% sure where to start researching it.

zokes
    Free Member

Garylake, if you tilt the image back round so the trees point up, is that actually up hill? 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nice one for getting her into it. Be prepared for a huge rise in biking costs – its two of everything from now on, mrdomino hates it if I out-bling my bike.

yeah, it’s easy to get into a kind of arms race. You just had a new bike, so I need a new one now!

singlespeedstu

Girl on bikes?

Shouldn’t be allowed……..

woodsman
    Free Member

A bit of a double edged sword in my recent experience. Second sparklywarts first post.

Think I’ll try for a non-biking girlfriend this time around, good to have a bit of ‘me time’ doing each’s own interests from time to time.

Someone on here may well be taking over my duties!

MrAgreeable

Garylake, if you tilt the image back round so the trees point up, is that actually up hill?

Nowt wrong with a bit of MBUK camera angle!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I realise now I was far to enthusiastic when starting biking again.

Should have held back a bit, and got extra encouragement in the form of a nice bike and nice biking kit instead of buying my own!

Mr Agreeable:

There appears to have been some seismic movement since I was there 🙂

MrAgreeable

Yeah, it tilted back to normal just after that photo was taken. 😉

taka
    Free Member

thats what my gf likes doing shame her horse is sh*t scared of bikes

(i hasen to add that not my gf)

lcj

(i hasen to add that not my gf)

Dude! It was going so well until you admitted that!

taka
    Free Member

i know feked up there she dosnt look all that different though

GaryLake
    Free Member

Garylake, if you tilt the image back round so the trees point up, is that actually up hill? [;-)]

Na, pure flat, but yes – giving it some MBUK ‘angle’ for MORE SPEED! 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘getting my girlfriend into biking’ is closed to new replies.