• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting money back from companies that go into administration. Help please!
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

Gutted.

£965 of hard earned brass gone as company we purchased it off went into administration.

What afe the chances of getting it back and how long is it going to take?

B@ll@cks.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

can you claim against the credit card you used to pay for it?

If you paid cash, or cheque it is very unlikely you can get it back. ever

Leku
    Free Member

Not much chance. Did you pay by credit card or switch?

I'm owed £2k from Cotswoldgate Homes going tits up. 2 years later i still think of the ti frame you could get for that….(grrrr)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

inform the Administrators of your outstanding debt

you will go into a list of other debtors

top of this list is the Tax man

then the banks

then suppliers

you'll typically see between 4 and 15 pence in the pound if anything at all

if you are a retail customer then it's unlikely you'll see anything

Mark

You will typically see nothing… It's an arse! 🙁

crispybacon
    Free Member

as michaelwright says lodge your claim with the administrators & maybe you'll get something back but don't hold your breath.

top of this list is the Tax man

HMRC are no longer preferential creditors in bankruptcy cases they join the list like everyone else….

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Bad luck

I got shafted with carpets at Easter

What was it with you?

Smee
    Free Member

You'll see bugger all, but spare a thought for the guy that has had their business go tits up.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

You'll see bugger all, but spare a thought for the guy that has had their business go tits up.

Why should I?

It sticks in the throat when someone takes ££££ for the balance of your carpets 24h before they call tha administrator

Dont tell me he didnt know he was shutting up shop and running away with my money

I am sympathetic – but felt as though my personal point of view was as relevant as yours

🙂

freeform5spot
    Free Member

they took my cash and then did one.

Luckily it wa throught ebay and to be fair their call centre of pretty good.

50/50 as to whether they refund it to me via paypal but I am remaining hopeful.

graeme.s
    Free Member

Why should I?

It sticks in the throat when someone takes ££££ for the balance of your carpets 24h before they call tha administrator

Dont tell me he didnt know he was shutting up shop and running away with my money

I am sympathetic – but felt as though my personal point of view was as relevant as yours

thats what they all do in a desperate attempt to keep going, cash is king and they thought that your cash might keep them going a bit longer, probably been on the brink for weeks and months.
    thats no comfort for you though, but it is definitely 'sharp practice'

project
    Free Member

When a large retailer went bust,that id done work for and eventually got paid for,the administrators kept sending me pages and pages of detail of who owed what ,and also how much they where charging to sort it out, and there charges where huge,as where some of the debts owed by the original company.

Smee
    Free Member

£174/hr is what one company charges per person for that kind of work….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting money back from companies that go into administration. Help please!’ is closed to new replies.