Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting mobile internet in the Alps
  • Vader
    Free Member

It looks like we will be in the alps for a few weeks next year in a place that won’t have any wifi access.

I’m just wondering what the best/cheapest way of getting on line will be, to pick up email and check weather forecasts – should I just buy an add on to my current package (existing package allowance with EE won’t be enough) or should I get another sim or dongle? The former looks like it might be asier but I was wondering what other’s might have done

tia

mashr

1-off trip? I’d probably just bolt-on more data when I run out

P-Jay
    Free Member

1-off trip? I’d probably just bolt-on more data when I run out

Yeah, it disproportionately expensive, but e-mails and weather apps only use a tiny bit of data. Stay off the SM and YouTube and you’ll barely scratch 500MB.

If you really want to save the megabits, use your devices built in e-mail apps rather than the standalone apps, they tend to download a lot of ads and stuff.

Vader
    Free Member

yes…one off trip

ajc
    Free Member

you could try this. I used one last year for a couple of weeks and it was really good. I paid 30 euro a week. If you only want a small amount of data then your normal phone may be best.

Tracey

We are with EE and have roaming for Europe, don’t know if it will change after Brexit.
    When we need Worldwide for our daughter whe she is competing we just use the add on for a month.

John_Key
    Free Member

Just get an orange sim card in France. Pretty decent coverage even in the alps and less messing around than the alternatives above

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting mobile internet in the Alps’ is closed to new replies.