Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Getting mate into biking -wants to buy a hardtail , cheapest decent bike anyone?
  • SpeedyG
    Free Member

He’s got £500 to spend on something good for S.Wales trail centres etc. Any ideas guys?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Carrera fury, yes it’s from hellfrauds, but on paper it’s probably the best specced new £500 bike there is.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Secondhand…Get a Inbred full build or something similar for £500 off classifieds or fleabay

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

Spesh Hardrock?

4ndyB
    Free Member

The Hardrock is well underspecced compared to a Fury, dart forks & 24spd, compared to tora’s & 27spd

Merlin linky no worky, so can’t compare

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Er What from Merlin Teeto please???

nukeproof
    Free Member
    fotorat
    Free Member

dart forks are crap – they lock out in anything less than 7 deg C

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Nice Commencal but he’s 6 ft tall and they only have xs an s left! (Sorry maybe I should have mentioned his height before!) – Seems to be a lot of sale bikes left in small or womens’ -funny that!

nukeproof
    Free Member

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk could be worth a trawl through as there has been good bargains to be had in the past

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Cheers Nukey that’s much more like it (Zaskar team for myself maybe!)

Northwind

The Carrera Fury’s s***-hot, better than some bikes I’ve ridden costing twice as much. Bit lardy is all, but you get a Tora 318 fork, decent SRAM and Truvativ drivetrain, Mavic 317s, and the rest of the finishing kit is all decent enough. Put it this way, I’ve ridden my mate’s a lot and if I’d got one of those in the first place, I’d not have bought my Soul- it’s not as good, but it’s good enough that I wouldn’t have looked for anything else.

If you don’t like it being Halfords, you can always buy a cheap Inbred frame and swap all the parts, it’ll still be better value than pretty much anything else at the price. Worth waiting and seeing if there’s another discount on the way, they were down to £370 at one point.

steve_b77
    Free Member

HOw about adding a ton and buying a Core 20 for £599?

akira

Second the Commencal Normal or Genesis Core, very good vfm this year.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Fury’s a good bike I had one, good spec, sold it to my mate and he loves it too.

Recommended

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Good Advice Fellas, thanks for all help!

mcboo
    Free Member

Can he do Cycle2Work, whole lot of other options for the same total outlay.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Getting mate into biking -wants to buy a hardtail , cheapest decent bike anyone?’ is closed to new replies.