Getting Jedi'd

Home Forum Bike Forum Getting Jedi'd

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Getting Jedi'd
  • Premier Icon granny_ring
    Subscriber

Food and water. Tony provides top coffee.

Enjoy, you’ll love it πŸ™‚

wisepranker

Food and water. Tony provides top coffee.

Enjoy, you’ll love it

Excellent.

Looking forward to it πŸ˜€

soobalias

check your bike is in order
    take some food

nols

food, jacket and an open mind.

wisepranker

I’m getting Jedi’d this weekend and was just wondering if there’s anything I need to take along with me apart from by bike and a helmet??

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

As above.

Try and be as rested as you can. Make sure you post your update here.

maxtorque

Don’t forget your sense of humour too! It’s really good fun, and you smile and laugh a lot, particularly, if like me, you make a massive arse of most things you get shown πŸ˜‰

FuzzyWuzzy

I wore knee pads to (and I wish I’d worn elbow pads :p ), just because he’s a great teacher it doesn’t mean you’re not a muppet still…

Premier Icon frogstomp
    Subscriber

Sun-cream

slimjim78

I hadn’t considered pads.. I don’t own that kind of protection as im too slow to warrant it at the mo..

Just wondering too, asideds from punctures, what would happen if your bike were to randomly fail, like, the fork snaps or something?

Is it game over or are there other possible facilities?

nols

If you have a major mechanical there is a network of people around the place to get you up and running. Marshalls in Stevenage is literally 5 miles away and is run by Edd – a guy that Tony and myself ride with all the time. Tony has 2 bikes with him most of the time. The coaching venue is testing as its designed that way, but at no time will he put you in a position of danger. If you don’t have knee pads and really want to wear some then there’s usually some kicking around. They will be smelly though.

wisepranker

Sun-cream

Wishful thinking.

I reckon armbands might be more appropriate with the weather we’re having!

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

The way things are going Tony’s going to need to add canoeing to his portfolio of training options…

crotchrocket

what tyres for The Field?

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

@slimjim78 – I took just about everything I own bike wise including pads and full face helmet. Tony asked me if I usually ride in pads/full face, I said not so we left them in the car along with pretty much everything else. I am used to falling off without pads and I got to practice that a bit too.

Relax. You’re going to have a great time. Tony will let you know what you do and don’t need.

hunta

wisepranker, you going to the public Singletrack day on Saturday? If so I’ll see you there.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Tony will let you know what you do and don’t need.

Tony’s already told you what you do and don’t need. Maybe not verbally, or by email, but he’s *told* you in his special way already. Just turn up with whatever you think you might need and mystically, it’ll be what you need.

If you have to question how this works, I’m not sure you’re ready for tomorrow yet.

woooooooo……..

TimP

A cold beer for after. Sorry Tony, but warm Bud just doesn’t hit the right spot for me!

Glad he does good coffee we should all be experts with all the threads about coffee, will try to remember to get some coffee to bring along to my session as my father in law is in the trade, I’m sure Jedi would like some freebie coffee.

Milkie

Spare clothes! I was covered in mud just from riding around those logs in the field (yea i fell off at every turn) πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon Moe
    Subscriber

Spare clothes! I was covered in mud just from riding around those logs in the field (yea i fell off at every turn)

You’ve just made my day! ……. though if it had been wet when I was there, maybe …

Just do as you’re told, be a good student and don’t let your ego fu*k you up!

more than one spare tube! 😳

karen805

I’m being Jedi’d for the 2nd time on Friday, I can’t wait!

Last time I just took everything I could think of, and didn’t use most of it. Food, high energy food at that, helmet, water, change of clothes, thinks that’s all I used.

wisepranker

wisepranker, you going to the public Singletrack day on Saturday? If so I’ll see you there.

Yep, I’ll see you Saturday then πŸ˜€

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

TimP – Member
    A cold beer for after. Sorry Tony, but warm Bud just doesn’t hit the right spot for me!

Ah see I did my course in December, the sky was blue and the beer was cold !

@wisepranker and @karen805, you know the wierd thing is I’m excited for you both … it’s that Jedi effect

Premier Icon MrGreedy
    Subscriber

Had my second session this Monday, was just as good as the first and definitely helped reinforce things. Would recommend taking a drink and some food – depending on the session you’ll probably end up doing several repeats of sections so remember to drink/eat while waiting your turn for a run. It’s mentally tiring stuff so keep hydrated and fed or your concentration will suffer.

One other thing I’d say to get the most out of the day is check your pride at the door! You’ll get the most out of it if you concentrate on yourself rather than worrying about falling off in front of other people/not looking rad/wishing you had that other guy’s bike, so there’s no point being self-conscious.

chronos

See you there!

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

wisepranker – Member
    Yep, I’ll see you Saturday then

Looks like there’ll be a few STWers there then.

Me too BTW!

See you all Saturday.

slainte πŸ˜€ rob

wisepranker

Looks like there’ll be a few STWers there then.

Looks like it’s pretty much going to be an STW day πŸ˜€

hunta
    enfht

Lucky Jedi ain’t called Roger otherwise this thread would have a whole different meaning.

igrf

+1 on the water, it wasn’t til after as I was driving home high as a kite on my achievements I realised i was totally dehydrated and it was only that which caused a bit of late afternoon fatigue..

Can’t remember if I wore knee pads or not, he won’t put you in a position that you’ll need them I don’t reckon.

You might if you start getting carried away with your new skills..

maxtorque

If you’re just doing the “singletrack” coaching then i don’t think you’ll need stuff like knee pads etc It’s pretty fun and flowy rather than rad and gnarly (whatever THAT means πŸ˜‰ so i would recommend going light and staying flexible. Tony’s such a maestro at it now he certainly won’t let you get yourself into any serious trouble !

hunta

Great meeting you all today, it was a really top day despite the rain. My brain’s still exploding with information and I can’t get that feeling of railing those corners out of my head from the odd time I hooked it up right. When can I expect that to subside?!

Tony, thanks again for the words of wisdom, biking and otherwise, and for the quality coffee. I’ll see you again.

Andrew

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Getting Jedi'd’ is closed to new replies.