Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Getting back on the horse… (zwift/fitness/fat loss)
  • ta11pau1

I’m reading pretty much all good things about Build Me Up, apart from the big ramp up in the last few weeks 😁

6 bombs to drop done, last workout of week 5 tomorrow. Felt quite pleasant actually, and spinning along at 85-90 rpm @ 230w for 2.5 mins at a time was pretty comfortable, should bode well for the FTP test, I should be able to increase from 210w by a decent bit.

And I’ve increased my VO2 max according to my Garmin, that’s a 3 point increase since starting the plan, 47 to 50.

Luvvley! 😁

llama

+1 don’t think much about skipping a session, the plans get quite intense, especially of you are doing rides irl too.

ta11pau1

What happens if you do be skip a ride, does it just mark it as not completed for that week and then it carries on with the next week?

DrP

Nuffin’ happens… you carry on.. choose the ones you want to do… it just doesn’t get a tick!

When are you thinking of doing the build me up programme?

I might make a new thread here seeing if there’s a bunch of people interested in starting on FEB 7TH 2022….

you up for that?
    We could chat about the pain…challenges…and do group workouts too!

DrP

ta11pau1

That sounds a great idea, Feb 7th would mean I’d be going straight from dirt destroyer into build me up, but it looks like the first week has a couple of very basic sessions which aren’t needed, so I’ll be able to fit in an FTP test with a couple of days rest 👍

Count me in!

DrP

Fab… you’ll have to sign up NEXT week..as otherwise it’ll start you on Monday!

It’ll be good to do some group workouts for it too! A sin..everyone working out together!

DrP

ta11pau1

Yeah I’ll complete the 4x dirt destroyer sessions next week and then enroll in build me up, as I’m guessing any new plan you enroll into replaces the current one?

Alex

Fab… you’ll have to sign up NEXT week..as otherwise it’ll start you on Monday!

I’d be up for that. Off for a big MTB trip in 12 weeks so would be perfect.

ta11pau1

1 down, 3 to go in the last week of dirt destroyer.

Max o’clock was today’s workout, and my that was good fun!! 30s high power intervals, at 140% FTP, then 20s at 160% and 10s at 170%.

After the first block I upped the bias to 110% as it was a bit too easy going hitting 295w for 30s 8x in a row with 30s rests, meant I was hitting 395w for 10s in the last block, really enjoyed that!!

And apparently, according to my Garmin (probably due to the day and a half rest) I’m now ‘peaking’ for the first time ever.

I’m very confident of a decent FTP increase from my 210w at the start.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Getting back on the horse… (zwift/fitness/fat loss)’ is closed to new replies.