Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Getting back into cycling…what bike and where from?
  • sc-xc

Despite wasting more time here than is justifiable, I haven’t ridden a bike in anger for around 6 or 7 years.

I still have a couple of bits of bikes in the shed:

– Dialled Kobe Ti, but the forks haven’t moved in years, the whole drivetrain will be shagged…
    – Charge rigid SS. This was my main bike – had XTR tubeless wheels, King, White Industries crank, Thomson finishing kit etc…I could get this up and running again quite easily.

But…with all this talk of big wheels, am I best getting something a bit more up to date?

I’d be looking for a couple of bikes so me and my wife can go out with our daughter. Perhaps up to £1000 ish. I haven’t really looked in the bike forum…I tried to search but couldn’t make sense of the results.

So – best all round bike for £1k is…? and where are the bargains nowadays?

Thanks for any help

TiRed

Ride what you’ve got.

Best £1000 bike for what use – if it’s riding with a young daughter, get a kiddyback tandem 🙂

robertpb
    Free Member

For a £1,000 hardtail Vitus Sentier VR+ and for full susser Calibre Bossnut EVO.

sc-xc

Thanks…daughter is 10 and rides a Frog bike.

As for type, no doubt I’ll get back into riding…to fix the Dialled will cost £££ and ultimately be an outdated bike.

The Calibre looks insane value!

easily
    Free Member

I’d take a look at the Boardmans in Halfords, the Pinnacles in Evans and the 1000 quid bikes available at Planet X. There’s some decent bikes there, and a variety of types – gravel, hybrid, MTB – depending on what you want to do.

If you can ride what you’ve got till Xmas you’ll get better deals, of course. I got an Arkose 3 for well under a 1000 last Xmas, and I couldn’t be happier with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Getting back into cycling…what bike and where from?’ is closed to new replies.