Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting airlines to help stranded folks
  • pondo

Me brother and his wife have had their return flight cancelled this afternoon – the airline have been crap, text notification with just a URL and no number to call, and they’ve got no net access so the URL is useless. I called the airline and they have been shite, there’s another flight on the tenth or, if they can get to another city, there’s flights in a couple of days, or if they can find another carrier they can get another flight and try and claim the cost back. Is that right? They’ve just stranded, I dunno, a couple of hundred people abroad of a Sunday afternoon, and they’ll just have to sort it out themselves?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try money saving expert for the rules. I think they may be able.to do this .

sillysilly
    Free Member

Call holiday insurance co – they will sort out or give you a budget to sort.

matt_outandabout

+1 on holiday insurance ASAP.

pondo

Tidy, cheers.

kcal

on a positive note, my son was flying back by SAS from Warsaw to Copenhagen early yesterday. Storms have disrupted flights – he too got a text I think at early o clock, I went into full panic mode. He didn’t, must have contacted SAS, and was put on two flights that went West then North to steer round the storms, via Zurich, and SwissAir, arriving about 2 hours after the original flight would have landed. Top work SAS IMO.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Travel insurance is your friend, give them a call.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting airlines to help stranded folks’ is closed to new replies.