Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting a van seat from Jersey to UK – couriers
  • boxelder

I’m usually reasonably good with google, but struggling to find anyone that will post/courier/ship a van seat from Jersey to Cumbria. I’ve requested at Shiply. Pallet shipping is £160+
    Andy ideas?

scotroutes

£160? Ouch.

I have a single and a twin van seat (with belts) I need to shift as they are taking up space in my garage but I’d (obviously correctly) assumed that courier costs meant it would have to be a local buyer.

boxelder

£60ish for UK mainland scotroutes. It’s the ferry from Jersey that ramps the cost up I assume. Don’t suppose you have a single passenger front for a VW T6…..?

scotroutes

Aye, Channel Isles was always costly for us sending bikes too.

Sorry, seats are bolt-on rears from my conversion. Do let me know if you know anyone who might want them.

phil5556

@boxelder I assume it’s a good price if you’re going to the hassle of getting it from Jersey.

Have you tried Kernowtransporters ? Although it was £700 for a pair about 6 years ago.

(I’m about to start a similar search for my Citroen Relay).

sgn23
    Free Member

I assume you’re not a local? You’re unlikely to find many locals on here (though I think there are one or two). Try asking on one of the local buy and sell type Facebook groups. Some people do van runs on the ferry to IKEA etc who can take all sorts of stuff out with them and link it into a UK courier. Passenger ferries started running again last week.

Kamakazie

Not been used recently but have a look at Bowman Haulage, Ship to me & Pallet Lines.
    Some of these may only get it to UK port but if it’s less than £100 your saving something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting a van seat from Jersey to UK – couriers’ is closed to new replies.