Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Getting a mortgage on a house with 3 kitchens
  • tall_martin

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm looking at buying a house which is great but its currently split into bedsits and has 3 kitchens.

The 3 kitchens is making it impossible for me to find a mortgage lender. 3 kitchens= not interested. It would be easier to get a buy to let mortgage but then I can't live there myself.

I've tried a couple of Mortgage brokers, they cant help, I'm trying the internet. The next and final step is to start ringing banks, but there are loads and the answer is largely going to be no.

Any suggestions?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Unplug/unwire the cookers, then they're simply store rooms.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I have never had to tell any of my mortgage companies how many kitchens I have!

boxelder

Ask the vendor to remove the equipment?

tall_martin

I asked the mortgage broker about the whole unwiring the cookers and sinks or removing them for the survey. He thought that this was an excelent way to lose the cost of a survey.

Surveyor walks into room with no cooker thats obviously a kitchen, ticks box marked kitchen.

I have had a survey done on another place, and it has a box marked evidence of more than one kitchen…

tall_martin

I did ask the vendor about moving the kit and was told no. Perhaps being on the market for another 2 months might have changed their mind.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Surveyor walks into room with no cooker thats obviously a kitchen, ticks box marked kitchen.

Put a bed in it?

tall_martin

Good suggestion, one of the kitchens is a kitchen living room diner, so that only leaves me one bed to find.

Best suggestion so far 🙂

The house

IanMunro
    Free Member

Blimey! that's cheap!!

boxelder

We had a mortgage once in installments – we had to do some work to release the second payment – any possibility?
    Are you using a mortgage advisor/broker?

tall_martin

Its cheap for a reason, actually lots of reasons

Iffy area
    Broken heating
    peeling paint
    Rotten windows (lots)
    Damp (lots)
    Rubbish guttering
    a garage that has a tree growing through the walls

For me it would/ will be a 2 year project

VanMan
    Free Member

Second Boxelders suggestion, have a look at self build mortgages these release payments as you do the work, subject to meeting targets. My dad uses a rolling one to build houses.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can you not buy it on a buy to rent remove the Kitchens and then change the mortgage to a normal one. You might incur extra surveying costs and not be able to live in the house officially until the kitchens have been stripped out but that in itself shouldn't take more than a week or two. A little bit complicated however.

tall_martin

I won't be able to get a buy to let as my deposit's not big enough.

🙁

fontmoss
    Free Member

hijack-still got paul smith suits?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Commercial Mortgage?

konabunny
    Free Member

Even if it's a bit shagged out as you say, it still looks like a good house. Good luck with it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Getting a mortgage on a house with 3 kitchens’ is closed to new replies.