Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Getting a bit heated on STW FB page – guns content
  • Jakester
    Free Member

What a giant load of plums.

I love the fact that they’re saying that we (i.e, us in the UK) wouldn’t have free speech without their (i.e., the Mercans’) guns.

Del

good work perchy!

cheese@4p

Bring on the gun sponge

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coyote
    Free Member

Don’t be thinking all those angry comments are from Redneck Americans. There are a few strokers on here who will be pushing the pro-gun agenda.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I love the fact that they’re saying that we (i.e, us in the UK) wouldn’t have free speech

Clearly an idiot. We don’t have free speech.

perchypanther
    Free Member

We don’t have free speech.

Yes, we <redacted>

ninfan
    Free Member

I love the fact that they’re saying that we (i.e, us in the UK) wouldn’t have free speech without their (i.e., the Mercans’) guns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t be thinking all those angry comments are from Redneck Americans. There are a few strokers on here who will be pushing the pro-gun agenda.

and right on cue…

I don’t think you ever did answer whether you actively support the NRA stance of more guns or you’re just on your usual trollathon, ninfan – or are you just going to invoke the usual avoiding awkward questions tactic?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Although nothing to do with their ludicrous gun ownership laws, they do have a point.

if it wasn’t for the huge American industry capacity, then 1944 wouldn’t of happened.

Europe would of been either part of the USSR or the Third Reich.

Nico
    Free Member

Another interesting piece of information from that article in the mag:

The election of Donald Trump, on a platform which promised relaxed gun control laws, meant that firearms enthusiasts bought fewer guns and stockpiled less ammunition, and in 2017 Vista’s shares lost 67% of their value. So the purchasing of other sports brands appears to be a way of hedging their bets.

Nico
    Free Member

if it wasn’t for the huge American industry capacity, then 1944 wouldn’t of happened.

Europe would of been either part of the USSR or the Third Reich.

Well it wouldn’t have happened exactly as it did, but whether Europe would of (sic) been part of the USSR or a greater Germany is a bit of an assumption.

One of my Facebook “friends” is fond of reposting stuff about how the EU should bend over to our Brexit demands because we (i.e. Britain) rescued all of the current EU member states from Jerry back in whenever. I think that’s a full house, and I invoke Godwin’s Law. Thread closed.

Drac

nothing to do with their ludicrous gun ownership laws

That’s all you needed.

perchypanther
    Free Member

we (i.e. Britain) rescued all of the current EU member states from Jerry back in whenever.

Except Germany.

And Italy.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Except Germany.

And Italy.

Only they were rescued from their Dictators.

Well it wouldn’t have happened exactly as it did, but whether Europe would of (sic) been part of the USSR or a greater Germany is a bit of an assumption.

Really? What other possible outcome could there of been?

It’s possible the UK could of held out for a few years but once either the Nazi’s or the USSR had won their battle, without the USA what could we of done about it?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Some of them seem rather het up and very excitable about a simple question, just the sort of people that should they’re guns taken away from them.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

It’s possible the UK could of held out for a few years but once either the Nazi’s or the USSR had won their battle, without the USA what could we of done about it?

HAVE done, not of done.

ninfan
    Free Member

Although nothing to do with their ludicrous gun ownership laws

Sorry, not quite true – US civilians donated and shipped about 120,000 rifles and pistols to the U.K. before formal arms shipments from the US Govt 7nder lend-lease began, most of which went to home guard units (how practical they were may be a different question, but it would appear that in the face of a Nazi invasion, arming poorly trained civilians with guns as a last line of defence was seen as somewhat better than leaving them fending off stormtroopers with sharpened sticks. Funny that.

theboatman
    Free Member

But man, do I feel smug that I don’t use Facebook.’

@DezB
    – Perhaps it is a bit smug, but I think you are over estimating the value of Facebook. On the points you raise, we have a family Spotify thingy, so all 5 of us are absolutely dripping in music. I’m doing activities with my kids week in week out, by being there you do know what’s going on. I would hand on heart really love to know how many stw’ers have missed out on an event at their local bike park with their son because they are not on Facebook 😀 I use what’s app, it’s like messenger without all the crap that comes with Facebook. We go and see bands, and we head to event’s like the Peddler’s market in Sheffield (our local city) which provides us with more flyer’s on events than we could get in the month. And even better we can have a fancy dan beer, a trendy burger and listen to some music whilst we get that info. Seems better than all being sat around on device’s just picking up what some target marketing algorithm thinks we should like. Plus, my kids are all over Facebook, what am I going to miss?

I think you might be missing the value of actually doing stuff.

wwaswas

my kids are all over Facebook

They must be the only ones that are. Facebook is deeply uncool with the under 20’s ‘cos their mums and dads use it 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

Sorry, not quite true – US civilians donated and shipped about 120,000 rifles and pistols to the U.K. before formal arms shipments from the US began, most of which went to home guard units.

As the Home Guard never really had any effect on the outcome of the War, then I stand by my statement.

zippykona

I don’t know how FB works. Anyone have a link?

ninfan
    Free Member

As the Home Guard never really had any effect on the outcome of the War, then I stand by my statement.

The Germans never invaded did they? They knew we would fight back.

See, armed civilians with guns deter attacks, what more do you need to know?

funkmasterp

^^ That’s the most nonsensical thing I’ve read on here in ages. By that logic Germany wouldn’t have invaded any other countries now would they? Ooh can’t start a war, they might fight back.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The Germans never invaded did they? They knew we would fight back.

See, armed civilians with guns deter attacks, what more do you need to know?

Obvious Troll is obvious.

DezB
    Free Member

I think you are over estimating the value of Facebook

Not really,no

I think you might be missing the value of actually doing stuff

Duh! I clearly use it to find out when stuff to do is happening.

I’m not saying I’m “all over Facebook” (far from it), or that everyone else should be. Just saying it has it’s uses and they might not be what people think they are. Particularly those who take joy in saying that they never use it.

I didn’t read your middle paragraph btw. Blame the new font.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There seems to be a great deal of trumpeting about the Second Amendment, which is directly proportional to the ignorance of the First Amendment.

jamj1974

Lend lease

You have checked what was most provided?  You also realise that the material want privately owned?  You do also understand the importance of the Eastern front in the demise of the Third Reich…?

akira

It all makes sense, the Americans helped us out in the war so they should be allowed to kill 13,000+ every year with guns.

gingerbllr
    Free Member

MRW  I’m an American teacher

https://i.redd.it/km939xghwvh01.jpg

batfink
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm – I’ve just read starship troopers.  The film clearly satirises the fascist elements of the book – but they are looking more and more familiar given the increasing hero-worship of the armed forces in the US, and creeping of politics to the right.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Getting a bit heated on STW FB page – guns content’ is closed to new replies.