Get The L Out.

Home Forum Chat Forum Get The L Out.

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Get The L Out.
  • 5plusn8

There aren’t really any men going “ooh I’ll live as a woman just to halt feminism”

I think there are, but its only about 3 people and they are bloody noisy about it. They don’t represent your normal trans person.

philjunior

I must admit that I was quite surprised after reading the ‘gendercritical’ and some other subreddits linked off it how much they actually don’t want equality, which I naively thought feminism was about.

And here’s the crux of the problem. If you aren’t working for equality, you’re fighting for oppression of one group and you’re no better than the status quo.

philjunior

I think there are, but its only about 3 people and they are bloody noisy about it. They don’t represent your normal trans person.

Haha I did think about whether I should clarify that there probably were some, somewhere.

vickypea

retro83- I also thought that feminism was about equality but there are several different types of feminism now, and I’m not sure I’m clued up on all of them.

To the extent that some want even post-op MTF transpeople kept out of ladies changing rooms because they still have ‘male brains’ (with a scientific paper to back it up and everything).

I’ve not come across that and certainly haven’t seen any such discussions on mumsnet.

The issue is with male bodies in female safe spaces.

5plusn8

Seeing as we now know that things are not binary, perhaps more bathrooms? As in M, F and then unisex maybe? Or a unisex and a gender fluid? So four bathrooms?

Seeing as we now know that things are not binary, perhaps more bathrooms? As in M, F and then unisex maybe? Or a unisex and a gender fluid? So four bathrooms?

Just two: F, and ‘everyone else’ because it’s typically only women that are sensitive about who they’re having a dump next to.

The trans people I know all use the disabled, or at least until they feel they’re far enough down the path to use the ladies.

Just two: F, and ‘everyone else’ because it’s typically only women that are sensitive about who they’re having a dump next to.

Or cleaning up after bloody period related accidents? More common than you probably realise during menopause, when monthly cycles are anything but regular and predictable.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Doesn’t seem to matter a jot at gigs and in clubs.  There’s more women than blokes in the gents half the time.

Some places now are starting to install unisex / non-gendered loos.  I was in Manchester Academy / students union a little while ago and the bulk of their toilets are now for use by anyone.  They still have male- and female- only ones too for those who desire it, but they’re fewer and a short walk away.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Or cleaning up after bloody period related accidents?

Stalls have doors?  I wouldn’t have thought that ladies would be sticking their foof in the sinks in the public areas?

Grow up Cougar, or does being a ‘woke bro’ mean you have no empathy for women?

Doesn’t seem to matter a jot at gigs and in clubs.  There’s more women than blokes in the gents half the time.

Yes, in contrast men aren’t at all welcome in the ladies, which is *exactly* what I said. Women fussy about these things, men not fussy about these things. (In the UK at least.)

And by cleaning up, I mean trying to clean probably ruined clothing.

rene59

Stalls have doors?  I wouldn’t have thought that ladies would be sticking their foof in the sinks in the public areas?

Dealing with miscarriages, composing themselves after sexual assault, escaping violence etc etc. There are many more reasons females use toilets for than males, most of which are better done in privacy away from males.

Cougar, or does being a ‘woke bro’ mean you have no empathy for women?

Oh I don’t know, as long as they dress the way he says, sleep with the people he thinks they should and poo in the same rooms as the people he thinks they should he’s happy enough for women to make *some* of their own decisions.

vickypea

The toilets at the trail centre at Antur Stiniog are for everyone, as are the toilet/shower blocks at some campsites. I don’t mind sharing a toilet block with men. If a man wanted to be violent I’m sure he wouldn’t let a ladies’ only toilet stop him, so I’m not totally sure why a women’s toilet is regarded as a safe space.

ninfan

I think it’s fine (but a bit silly in some cases) to not want to have sex with someone because of the genitals they happen to have been born with, particularly if they have had them reshaped to a degree that you can’t tell.

However, as previously pointed out on here – a significant portion of the Trans movement is campaigning to be allowed to ‘self define’ their sexual identity without any prerequisites such as any medical treatment, gender reassignment surgery, independent medical report or independent tribunal decision looking into how they live their lives.

Fill in a form and announce that you are now, legally, a woman, and therefore should allowed into women’s toilets, changing rooms, prisons and accommodation.

surely you can see a few in that plan?

Premier Icon allthegear
    Subscriber

Can we finally just leave this thread to die, please? It’s starting to get a bit wearing every time I come in here reading about people denying my very identity all the time. I’m sorry but life is hard enough as it is without getting it in here, too.

Sorry to be a killjoy but it is upsetting.

Popping over to Norwich hospital now to see a trans friend who took another overdose last week. Maybe I should tell her how you all feel?

Rachel

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Grow up Cougar, or does being a ‘woke bro’ mean you have no empathy for women?

I wasn’t being serious, it was supposed to be a joke.  Clearly an ill-considered one.

vickypea

Rachel, I don’t know if you’ll return to this thread to see this, but I’m sorry you’ve been upset by this thread and that you feel we are all denying your identity. I’m sure that’s not the case, and for my part I’m sorry for giving that impression.

i just don’t think labels are necessarily helpful in this debate, but that’s only my opinion. I’m also genuinely interested in what makes a woman with regard to gender, because although I am woman, I’ve sometimes been called a “bloke” and I don’t really understand why. The only thing I see is that I’m not interested in handbags, spas, high heeled shoes and make up- but that would be a very shallow definition of a woman.

poah

I come in here reading about people denying my very identity

No one is denying you your identity.

Tbf the thread has drifted off topic and isn’t really going anywhere.

Fwiw, I agree with the gender neutral toilets or third option. Either option takes away the genuine and justified argument from both sides.

5plusn8

Actually regarding the bogs thing, I used to be in an office where there were 6 individual rooms on each floor – like a large cubicle with a sink inside etc, and no labels on the door.  It was a posh office, they were oak lined and stud walling between each one, with cleaners twice a day. So privacy for all and nobodys space can be invaded.

The blokes were much better behaved re aiming and brushing than they would be normally, I think it was the potential for shame…

sbob

Going off topic but I was drawn to
    <h1 class=”story-body__h1″>Naked jam-smeared women in Manchester was ‘art stunt'</h1>
    from your link, where I read the quote:

<span class=”media-caption__text”>Insp Jon Middleton tweeted he hopes it “isn’t the start of a new craze that starts to spread” </span>

Chapeau Inspector, chapeau.

sbob

**** you forum. **** you once more.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45825838

You’ve got to admit, the before and after transition is impressive.

You’ve got to admit, the before and after transition is impressive.

I thought that, a striking difference.

Going off topic but I was drawn to Naked jam-smeared women in Manchester was ‘art stunt’ from your link, where I read the quote:

Insp Jon Middleton tweeted he hopes it “isn’t the start of a new craze that starts to spread”

😀 Good spot, thanks for pointing it out. Proper brightened up my day.

Karen White should never have been placed in a women’s prison.

From the Manchester Evening News article https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/transgender-sex-attacker-preyed-women-15269899

“While on remand in the women’s prison, White approached an inmate in the queue for prisoners to get medication.

Christopher Dunn, prosecuting, said: “The complainant, while waiting, felt something hard press against the small of her back.”

The prosecutor said the victim turned around to see White standing there with his private parts ‘sticking out of the top of her pants, covered by her tights.'”

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.