Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Gervais at the Golden Globes
  • beiciwr64
    Free Member
    jon1973
    Free Member

It’s all a bit cringe worthy, and not really that funny.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

A good description of Gervais. Not a fan.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Hilarious as usual, though not as cutting as previous years.

DezB
    Free Member

Brilliant. I felt no cringe, just lolz 😆

AlexSimon

From what I’d read in the news, I was expecting it to be crap, but I thought that was as good as usual!

Drac

I can’t believe what happened next!

hooli

I’m not a fan, never have been. That didn’t change my opinion

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought that was very funny, the Huffman number plate gag had me laughing out loud. I was never a fan but like After Life.

DezB
    Free Member

not a fan

Why would you bother listening to it? Listening to a comedian you know you don’t like just to say you don’t like them.. most bizarre.

surfer
    Free Member

Brilliant as usual 🙂

jimw
    Free Member

I avoid watching as not a fan either.
    My brother was at UCL at the same time as him, lived in the same hall in the first year. Apparently everyone but his clique thought he was an idiot and he believed a new sun was dawning from his behind (that’s the bowdlerised version) Clearly a successful idiot though

kerley
    Free Member

Idiot? Didn’t he have something to do with creating, writing and directing “The Office” which was great at the time.
    Probably successful because a lot of people find what he does funny…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I thought he was great back in the 11 oclock show days, went off him for a few years as he seemed a bit too amused at himself for my liking during the Merchant/Pilkington phase but I’ve gone full circle, funny and seems like a good guy.

thegman67

Thought it was brilliant

trumpton
    Free Member

I like the fact that he stands up against people who hunt lions etc. I think he is really funny too. Much needed in the PC times.

mooman
    Free Member

Yep – made me smile too. Seems to be enjoying himself and having a giggle along the way … paying well for him too.

No bad vibes for him from here.

hooli

Why would you bother listening to it? Listening to a comedian you know you don’t like just to say you don’t like them.. most bizarre.

Happy to give him another chance, there have been plenty of people who I wasn’t too keen on but on listening a bit more I decided I was hasty in not liking them.

Keeping an open mind

jimw
    Free Member

Idiot? Didn’t he have something to do with creating, writing and directing “The Office” which was great at the time.
    Probably successful because a lot of people find what he does funny

I watched about half of one episode of the Office. Never have bothered to try again. I thought it was dreadful. But many others disagree. It just shows that different people find different things funny. If you like it I’m happy for you.

Kuco

I can find him cringey,funny or even not funny but I was laughing at a lot of that.

footflaps

Never understood why he was so popular, doesn’t do anything for me.

BoardinBob

The James Corden line is fantastic 😂

fooman

Pretty sure he must have a mandate to be outrageous to raise the profile of Golden Globes. The awards do get more coverage now.

ocrider

He was quite funny, but Sacha had the best line.

kelvin

Gervais made me laugh anyway.

plus-one

I’m a gervais fan the office is absolutely brilliant. I like his openness and like Sascha love putting the boot in 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Meh …. Click bait comedy for me

You know you shouldn’t, because it’s all a bit naff, but you can’t help but be a little amused.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s done some good films, the one about a Dentist and a ghost is very amusing..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Clever, dry and ballsy.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I loved/cringed at The Office. Everything else on TV never seems funny but I really do like his stage shows.
    The Golden Globes is usually excellent and I’ll find time later to watch it.

Pook

After Life was very good.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I am hot and cold on Gervais, he seems to enjoy his jokes too much at times, that said I think he’s on the money at this kind of stuff. What is a full basket of ironing is the reaction by some critics on Twitter saying that his “humour” deflated the importance of the speeches by actors, which is a bit like saying the sun is bright in daytime. They are just **** pretending!

bigdean

I’ll admit i struggle to like Gervais, didn’t like the office or the pilkington phase. Actually the parody of him in upstart crow is spot on for me.

However i’ve seen stage shows and interviews that are very good, thought the golden globes intro funny but the reactions of the stars made it more funny. Why so serious?.

Afterlife was very good and (i think) on twitter yesterday he posted.
    “Just because you disagree with me, doesn’t make you right”

ChrisHeath

I didn’t know that he’s a ventriloquist. He seems very good at it.

GrahamS

Gervais can be a bit hit or miss for me too but I liked his Globes speech.

Jonathan Pie nails the outrage properly (as ever):

[SWEAR WARNING]

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.