Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • George Galloway attacked
  • birky
    Free Member
    cfinnimore
    Free Member

It’s shameful more “politicians” don’t get punched in the head.

bencooper
    Free Member

I give it a day until it’s blamed on Yes supporters…

konabunny
    Free Member

I think it would be “Yessers claim the credit”, not “Yessers get the blame” in Galloway’s case.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Going with the state of affairs,to be fair,the beating was severe.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

He ain’t perfect, but he ain’t bad either, better than most MPs:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk[/video]

Should’ve gone with Yes though…

AdamW
    Free Member

I am not too keen on him but saying that if you can’t win an argument by discussion but insist on physical assault it shows you’ve already lost.

He’s a good orator though, even though I may disagree with him.

Jamie
    Free Member

I give it a day until it’s blamed on Yes supporters…

*shines lamp into Ben’s face*

Where were you on the night of the 29th?

allthepies
    Free Member

+1

chakaping
    Free Member

Another victim of Israeli brutality then.

cranberry
    Free Member

It could happen to a nicer man.

binners

He’s clearly no John Prescott

wrecker
    Free Member

It could happen to a nicer man.

Took the words out of my mouth.

martinhutch

Love this from the BBC piece:

An earlier version of this story reported that a man had been cautioned by police and that Mr Galloway was given medical treatment without being taken to hospital. However, this was based on information about an entirely separate attack on Mr Galloway in 2008 by a different man.

Cut and paste journalism at its finest!

baronsamedi
    Free Member

Can’t condone this assault.

Gorgeous George has declined as a relevant politician IMO more gimmicks like the cigar and the fedora thought this may be down to being so maligned in the press.

I am not surprised he got lumped though some of his rhetoric has been very incendiary

bencooper
    Free Member

*shines lamp into Ben’s face*

Where were you on the night of the 29th?

You can tell it wasn’t someone from Glasgow as a fist was used, not the forehead.

iolo
    Free Member

Whatever anybodies views on the man are does anybody really think breaking a man’a jaw in the street is acceptable?
    If you do you have some serious issues.

Jamie
    Free Member

You can tell it wasn’t someone from Glasgow as a fist was used, not the forehead.

Exactly! The perfect double bluff!

cranberry
    Free Member

Whatever anybodies views on the man are does anybody really think breaking a man’a jaw in the street is acceptable?

I want any decent person to be able to walk down any street without the fear of being assaulted.

However, if someone spends his life praising and defending the vicious and hateful then they can expect at some point for karma to arrange a bit of a kicking for them.

[video]http://youtu.be/3xK9sghbYXA[/video]

grum
    Free Member

Wow people on here are actually justifying beating people because they disagree with their political opinions. Amazing.

iolo
    Free Member

Grim + 10000000000

cranberry
    Free Member

Ahh, so you missed the bit about defending the calling for homosexuals to be killed along with anyone who leaves the muslim faith?

enfht
    Free Member

If it is a broken jaw then he’ll be drinking milk from a saucer for weeks. No change there then.

iolo
    Free Member

Cranberry, so violence is the answer?
    I’ll be honest I’m unaware of his cv but you seem to have similar values to him if you want him hurt.

slowoldman

Wow people on here are actually justifying beating people because they disagree with their political opinions. Amazing.

Violence isn’t a good thing but anyone coming out with the sort of stuff Galloway does is likely to get thumped by someone at some time. His comment about making Bradford an “Israel Free Zone” was highly inflammatory, so I’m not surprised.

Anyway he thrives on it. It’s good for his overblown ego, the odious little man.

sbob
    Free Member

grum – Member

No, I think people are justifying beating George Galloway, which is quite different. 💡

*sbob does not openly support violence towards anyone.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Great link Cranberry 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

I am not too keen on him but saying that if you can’t win an argument by discussion but insist on physical assault it shows you’ve already lost.

Was his assailant trying to persuade Galloway of something?

He’s a good orator though, even though I may disagree with him.

GODWIN THREAT LEVEL BLACK BIKINI

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You don’t need to punch the guy! Just don’t don’t vote for him if you disagree with his political values.

cranberry
    Free Member

Cranberry, so violence is the answer?

I never said that or even implied it, just pointed out that those who deal in hate are likely to end up on the wrong end of it at some point.

I’ll be honest I’m unaware of his cv

That stretches credulity somewhat – did you click on this thread by accident ?

but you seem to have similar values to him if you want him hurt.

Do please feel free to point out where I said that I “want him hurt”.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s not that one wants George Galloway hurt, it’s just that one isn’t too sad when he is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    It’s not that one wants George Galloway hurt, it’s just that one isn’t too sad when he is.

Yep it’s only a matter of time before it happened. Anyone who features on the “If I saw him on the street I’d punch him” list.

And I know violence is not the answer but I’d welcome anyone trying to knock some sense into the idiot.

konabunny
    Free Member

I, for one, salute his defagibility.

badnewz
    Free Member

I don’t like Galloway. But I don’t like violence.
    Which is worse….FIGHT!!!

martinhutch

I, for one, salute his defagibility.

As Gorgeous G would say, ‘Meeow’!

#justvotejaw

Coyote
    Free Member

Thumping someone because you disagree with their political views is very wrong. However punching someone because they are George Galloway is something that I am really struggling to find a problem with.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Yep it’s only a matter of time before it happened

I met him a couple times about 30 years ago, before he got famous. Arrogant prick then and surprised this doesn’t happen more often

kimbers

If he’s really had his jaw broken must’ve been quite a punch !

The mans a self serving dick no doubt but as times gone on his stance on intervention on Iraq, Libya etc are looking a lot less bonkers than they once did.
    And his grandstanding in front of the Americans running rings around them over their disastrous and hypocritical middle east policies was quite amusing.

Even his press release was typically canny saying his assailant was either an Israeli or an EDL member he couldn’t tell which

kcal

he was like that as Scottish Labour secretary, no? no change..

What’s the Voltaire quote, “I disagree with your opinion but will die for your right to express it”; normally I agree, might be a bit too far for GG..

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Excellent news, well done that man. Now let’s get him to sort Blair out next.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘George Galloway attacked’ is closed to new replies.