Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Geographical snobbery – what's all that about then?
  • jp-t853

I live in Cumbria and told in geography that a mountain was 1000m so I have always refered to the fells.

It is great to have the hills, I have lived most of my life in Keswick and I could have a different ride every day for a month easily. However the size of the terrain is not the most important factor to having fun. Somedays when you had carried the bike on your back to the top of High Spy to have a cheaky ride over Catbells it isn't as much fun as an evening through a wood. Then there are the days when you find yourself in the middle of a 2000 strong fell race and you wish you were anywhere else. My message is just enjoy your biking.

Regarding North South I feel very happy to be based in Cumbria, I often work in Suffolk (I like), London (hard work) and I can see many benefits to having more amenities but you will never get me to stay in a million years. I am sure millions would have the opposite view.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

London is great, as long as your interests are not narrow enough only to include riding an over forked steel hardtail over barren double track every day.

epicyclo

I could never understand why anyone would want to live in a city anyway.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as long as your interests are not narrow enough only to include riding an over forked steel hardtail over barren double track every day

I had not realised such bikes were banned there

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the MTB routes of London are trully phenomenal people come from miles around to ride their gnarly urban routes and the views are utterly superb from their as well really takes your breath away [ though that may be just the smog].

Some areas are better than others for riding a mtb not really that controversial is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Geographical snobbery – what's all that about then?’ is closed to new replies.