Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Geneva in January – wwstd
  • hazzatrazza
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ll be in Geneva in January on a work trip and ive conveniently tagged on the weekend to spend in Geneva with the OH. Looking for recommendations for where to stay, eat, things to do and avoid. Sadly, im not able to bring my steed or skis so it will be purely a city break.

nealglover
    Free Member

Thonon les Bains along the south shore of the lake is very nice. Boat trips available.

Stoner
    Free Member

Yvoire is nice, but most off season will feel pretty dead. Hire some bikes and go for a ride along the lake.

si77

If particle physics floats your boat then book a guided tour of CERN. It’s an easy tram ride from the city centre.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Just don’t call the fountain on the lake a fountain. They’re touchy about it.

malgrey
    Free Member

The waterfront area is basically where to head. Take a boat across for a beer or something to get a view from the water. The city is compact enough to walk most places, but public transport is pretty good.

The views to the mountains from around the area are excellent, I’d be looking at finding somewhere to get out for a wander on the local hillsides above the lake, ideally the west shore, so you can see the Alps proper.

The other thing you should do….start saving up for the price of a meal!!!

mrmoofo

It’s very expensive .. and a little dull.
    But Chamonix is near by ….

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’d hire a car and rehearse how to get back to the airport car hire place so I could do it first time instead of circumnavigating the airport elevated highway network a minimum of four times.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I love it, just eat at the lakefront and stare in awe at the mountains.. it’s simply that romantic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Geneva in January – wwstd’ is closed to new replies.