• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Del.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Geneva Airport. Rental car return. Swiss side
  • benz
    Free Member

Pre-planning trip anxiety…

Will be returing our rental car to swiss side of Geneva airport.

We will be coming from the Bonneville direction on the A40.

So…as we got a bit confused last year, what are the best directions to get into the car rental return?

Many thanks in advance.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Swiss side is the easy one no? Just follow the signs / sat-nav, it’s a big multistory carpark with all the various hire cos branding on it.

It’s the other side where you might as well abandon all hope.

nickdavies

It’s straightforward, just follow signs for the airport, then parking, and as you come into the airport area you keep following the parking signs and it’s car park P51 on the right.

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    globalti
    Free Member

Yes as you enter the area in front of the airport look out for car hire returns and drive on past the terminal and past the World Trade Centre where there’s a pre-pay petrol pump for that last-minute fill up. I would strongly advise you not to use it though as it’s fiendishly confusing to use and I’ve heard of people being charged for other people’s petrol. There are a couple of filling stations a couple of minutes away from the airport, which your satnav will find for you.

Shred
    Free Member

The roads are confusing, so you might end up going around the block, but the signs are all there. As said, just follow signs for P51. When you go in you collect a parking ticket, then immediately have to go through a boom into the rental area (normal parking is upstairs), so don’t put the ticket away.

My concern in there is how tight it is. I’m always worried of scuffing the wheels on the curbs just as I am returning the car.

Kahurangi

pre-pay petrol pump

will also have stupid queues and delays while everyone in front of you struggles to use them

bazzer
    Free Member

Not sure if this is covered in the withdrawal agreement but while part of the EU this is true.

An EU national is not allowed to drive a non EU registered car in an EU country. So you as an EU national are not allowed to drive a Swiss registered car in France etc.

So be mindful of this.

As I said obviously slight confusion after Friday, but I am assuming it would be the same in the transition period.

Cheers

Bazzer

globalti
    Free Member

That’s the reason why you will be driving away from Geneva airport car hire in a German-plated car.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

An EU national is not allowed to drive a non EU registered car in an EU country. So you as an EU national are not allowed to drive a Swiss registered car in France etc.

Used a Swiss car in Morzine this summer with no probs, didn’t realise I was being naughty…

Del

This is all taken care of by the hire company, a bit like the toll passes etc.
    Anyway, op you can YouTube the return to Geneva of it worries you. Enjoy your trip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Geneva Airport. Rental car return. Swiss side’ is closed to new replies.