Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Genesis Tarn rigid fork
  • mtbparf
    Free Member

Hi
    Does anyone have any idea what axle I would need to fit a genesis tarn rigid fork ?

damascus
    Free Member

It’s a 110×15 axle but I don’t know what thread it is.

More info here

Lost my fork axle, genesis tarn carbon

GeForceJunky

I have just checked an orange and black, aluminium boost set of Tarn forks I have spare that I keep meaning to sell. The axle measures 15×143 mm with 1.5 mm pitch.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbparf
    Free Member

Thanks for your reply, what nut do you use on the axle as there are no threads on fork for it to screw in ?

GeForceJunky

Ah, that could be harder to find. It has a sperate nut, but the nut has a recess to fit in the fork, so finding a M15x1.5 nut that fits nicely in the fork dropout could be an issue.

Tarn1

Tarn2

mtbparf
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, think you’re right, this is going to be hard to find….

nixie

That looks like the same axle design my longitude had. I bust one axle and had a new one with nut, there is a tiny chance I didn’t give the buyer the bits and they are in the scrap bin.

mtbparf
    Free Member

If you wouldn’t mind looking that would be great. As I have a useless fork ATM I would be more than willing to pay for your efforts, if you manage to find a nut.

nixie

I’ve looked and don’t have it. Must have gone with the frame.

If I remember correctly the recess is shallow so any axle with a suitable nut would work. I.e the fork has 15mm holes both sides which supports the axle. The rest was just to keep the nut located and allow adjustment of the lever closed angle.

mtbparf
    Free Member

Thanks for looking. Managed to get a nut from Robert axle project but doesn’t fit in the recess so will try filing a bit off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Tarn rigid fork’ is closed to new replies.