Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Genesis longitude 2016
  • STATO
    Free Member

genesis have released a teaser shot of the 2016 Longitudes. It very much looks like it has WTB 27.5+ tyres, and their comments suggests they may have moved to that size and maybe dropped the 29+ idea?!

View this post on Instagram

The 2016 Longitude will be bundled with a pair of excellent fork-fit Free Parable Design Gorilla Cages (thanks @cyclemiles for the help in getting them on the bikes). Cameo appearance from @wildernesstrailbikes excellent Trailblazer 27.5×2.8" TCS Light. #genesisbikesuk #genesisbikes #MY16launch #27.5+ish

A post shared by Genesis Bicycles (@genesisbikesuk) on

Fair bit of interest on the Longitude for 2016, so here's another quick sneak peek from the new range!

Posted by Genesis Bikes on Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Genesis 2016 bike launch starts on Tuesday 30th June so all will be revealed fairly soon.

Clink

🙁

frood
    Free Member

Genesis:

27.5+ makes a hard case for going 29+… With 27.5+ you can have a frame that is truly 27.5+/29″ cross-compatible without big changes in wheel OD that ultimately have a big effect on trail and handling. 27.5+ wheels and tyres are lighter but still offer the same air volume, give better standover and allow you to offer smaller sized frames without needing a stepladder to get on the bike…

The 2015 model was a std 29″ bike with wide rims and 2.4″ tyres that had 29+ compatibility but didn’t ride all that well with 3.0″ 29+ tyres. The reason being the big diff. in wheel OD between the x2 sizes (approx +30mm) meant it was difficult to design a frame and fork around a middle ground that handles well with either (i.e. compromised on both – trail, BB height, etc,). 27.5+ is close enough in OD to design a frame that’ll handle nigh on the same with with std 29″ or 27.5+ tyres fitted. Factor-in all of the added pro’s of 27.5+ vs. 29+ as listed above and it was a no-brainer and easy decision to make.

I understand their comments in theory, but it seems odd that they’ve ostensibly dropped a model that they sold out of completely with more people still wanting one. I disagree completely that it doesn’t “ride all that well with 3.0″ 29+ tyres”. Love mine like that…

Clink

As above. It sold out… So they change it?!

tootallpaul

Mine rides pretty damn well on 29*3.0

So much so, I haven’t ridden anything else since.

😀

Del

genesis do change their line-up pretty quickly though. some stuff sticks around, some stuff changes year to year. if they feel like they’re making the world a better place, why not?

cosmicpop
    Free Member

Here’s the Genesis blog post on the new Longitude.

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/07/07/15/2016-longitude

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Genesis longitude 2016’ is closed to new replies.