Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Genesis full suss in the pipeline?
  • Alb
    Free Member
    18bikes

alb, you wouldn't let us photo it, I dunno – sneaky marketing there 😉

18bikes

fwiw, really nice in the metal, that was just proto too!

Alb
    Free Member

Ha! James was, and I think still is a bit protective of this project judging by the sole, pixellated, cropped image! There's a few tweaks being made and I think 2nd gen. prototypes will be ordered soon. We'll probably start gathering some wider-reaching feedback on these from third parties (press, dealers, etc).

18bikes

🙂

clubber
    Free Member

So, is this a trade ad? 😉

Alb
    Free Member

Nope, not an ad as there's nothing to buy! Tis news.

MrSmith
    Free Member

so how different will it be to a saracen? seeing as they both have the same parent company.
    or is the genesis just for people with beards?

scaredypants

jesus, as if there weren't enough people doing this **** "guerilla" marketing already 🙄

si-wilson
    Free Member

jesus, as if there weren't enough people doing this **** "guerilla" marketing already

For real? Whilst I am obviously biased surely the mtb community is better for the direct info we get via the forums? Takinqg my industry head off, I certainly value the trade info we get on this forum as opposed to the sterile forums of BikeRadar etc!

clubber
    Free Member

I agree and I was really only stirring BUT if trade people are posting about their own product then that should be made clear.

18bikes

jeez. didn't mean to start that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ridgeback have made full bounce bikes before, you know. 😉

scaredypants

gah! double bollocks

scaredypants

For real?

yeh – you're prolific si ( 😉 ) but straightforward as far as I can tell

this pseudo-mysterious marketing that's creeping in is just irritating

and, IMO, getting mates/colleagues/fanboys to seed stories about your product fits the same bracket as shill-bidding on ebay and not that far above what "somebody" did when pretending to be a punter & criticising competitors' stuff

singlespeedstu

scaredypants – Member

jesus, as if there weren't enough people doing this **** "guerilla" marketing already

I think it's a good* thing that you get designers/ owners / comany people on the forum.
    They get feedback we get bikes that people want. Seems to work very well on MTBR.

*as long as everyone knows they have a connection.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Genesis full suss in the pipeline?’ is closed to new replies.