Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Genesis Fortitude Race – thoughts please
  • mdb
    Free Member

Would this suit as a bike capable of racing and all day riding? Any real world experiences of this bike much appreciated.

I like the idea of it but the last time I rode rigid was 2 years ago at Gorrick enduro and it nearly killed me. However that was on a 29er with one one carbon forks and crappy front tyre.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Although I don’t have one I have tried one and loved it. I’m currently riding a rigid Charge Cooker and am so pleased with it. If you can try one I’d fully reccomend it.

mdb
    Free Member

Just bumping this in the hope of more feedback on the Fortitude Race. Thanks.

wors

I like the thought of one just for heading out and riding, a simple bike 😀

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve had a go on one too, it was a really nice bike to ride.

If your never going to use a sus fork. Plenty of options with the bike.

It would be worth factoring in a larger volume tyre and better seatpost for a little more comfort.

I only ride a rigid and it only limits me on fast decents, I can’t keep up with the boys with suspension. But it evens out over a ride. Once you’ve got used to riding rigid and start picking lines it will become more comfortable to ride.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have the SS version, it’s fun for an hour or so on local trails but it’s not exactly comfortable (inc. with a 2.35 HD up front). I don’t exactly flow very well which doesn’t help but it’s pretty brutal all the same. Personally I wouldn’t buy one for racing/all day riding as you can’t swap in a suspension fork, there’s more versatile rigid bikes out there IMO (it’s not exactly a bargain either).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Fortitude Race – thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.