Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genesis Day One sizing
  • Clink

Looking at a new ss commuter. A Day One disc has come up on here but it’s a 52. My road bike is a Defy with 54.5 ett, the same as the Genesis. Is anybody else out there riding a 52 Genesis at 5’10” that can give feedback? In theory Genesis would put me on a 54 or 56.

The only real sizing difference I can see is a much shorter headtube on the Genesis (125mm compared to 165mm on the Defy).

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 1in and ride a 58. I can’t possibly see how you would be 3″ shorter than me and need three sizes smaller.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 but with a short 30″ inside leg. I have a 54cm and I’m probably about in the middle of the seat height range, maybe a bit more.

tthew

5’10” here on a 54, seems fine to me. It’s one of the first year’s frames though, so may be a bit different geometry wise.

TBH, I’d rather go a size larger with a shorter stem than downsize with a long stem to compensate.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

In my experience you definitely want to try before buying. Mine was untried of ebay. I’ve never managed to enjoy it, and I’m sure its down to sizing. Done over 1,500 miles on it, tweaked everything I can think of and still not comfortable. Would have sold it a long time ago if I could be arsed!

Mine is a 54, and I’m 5’8 with 29 inside leg.

tonyd

Considering they only go down to a 52 I’d hope it doesn’t fit you! I’d like to get a Day One or Croix de Fer at some point and I’m only 5’6″ in heels. I’ve no chance if you can comfortably ride a 52!

Clink

Ok – seems pretty clear – thanks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mrs t-r is 5ft 6 and on a 52

Based on how crushed up i am when i try to ride it you have no chance.

tthew

Just been to check and mine’s a 56, but sounds like you made your mind up anyhow.

Keep looking though. They are absolutely spot on bikes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Day One sizing’ is closed to new replies.