Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Genesis Croix De Fer 2014
  • flipiddy
    Free Member

Anyone know what it looks like yet? Is it worth waiting for over the 2013 model?

I’ve been told it’s got better brakes, tyres, wheels. Any more info yet?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Not heard or seen anything on the 2014 Croix de fer yet. I am however looking forward to the Fugio being released.

Genesis Fugio

Alb
    Free Member

This should help guys…

– No price rise vs. 2013 (£1149.99srp)
    – Carry-over colours and graphics
    – New smaller 50cm size added
    – New inboard mounted disc brake dropout (no longer need to space/bodge mudguards and rear rack to fit).
    – Upgraded, lighter wheelset with Alex XD PRO rims (-30g per rim vs. 2012 XD-Lite) & double-butted spokes
    – Upgraded Shimano Deore M525 hubs (vs. 2012 M475) – better sealed for longer life
    – Hayes CX Expert (formerly CX5) cable disc brakes (w/ L1 lightweight rotor) replace Avid BB7
    – Wider ratio 12-30T cassette added
    – Faster rolling, semi-slick, Conti Cyclocross Speed 35c tyres
    – Sealed cartridge bearing M:Part Elite headset
    – Madison Prime road saddle
    – New compact bend handlebar.

meehaja
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does that look suspiciously like the answer to a question? Thorough, concise and without any mocking or arguments. I don’t like this place anymore, strange things are happening. I also preferred the CDF in white, but thats just me

Alb
    Free Member

Sorry, must try harder. Was something I’d already prepared and a copy and paste job from that (and therefore had to be polite and to the point). Will do better next time!

tang
    Free Member

When are they out for sale?

Alb
    Free Member

First drop is in stock to Madison 12/07/13.

AngusWells

Croix de Fer………rubbish. I’ve got a (insert name of random cross bike here) that I bought from a German mail order company/with my semi-pro team discount/the US without informing HMRC/a Chineese bloke on ebay (delete as appropriate) and it only cost me (insert cost of Croix de Fer less 40%).

There, is that a better STW answer.

zilog6128

Great spec change IMO, makes the bike even more appealing! Although I also prefer it in white. Sounds like they’re finally admitting the CdF is actually a commuter/tourer rather than a CX bike, especially with that Fugio (which looks ace) just around the corner.

rootes1

I had a long chat with Albert of Genesis at the QECP demoday.. he was wearing wellies..

he seemed pretty passionate about developing a range of niche bikes with nice features.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I actually plumped for a 2013 model from my lbs as they had it in stock and in my size. They are hard to come by at the moment.

I’ve got some trips coming up that I don’t fancy being messed up by potential stock shortages come the new model.

Alb = Albert perchance? 😉

Edit – I like the older white, but I’m definitely coming around to the black too. Looks understated and classy.

IanW
    Free Member

Inboard brakes could have swung it for next years btw.

orena45

*pedant mode on*

Can people please refer to the Croix de Fer as a ‘Croix de Fer’ rather than a ‘CdF’, as the CdF is a different model in the Genesis range (albeit a lower spec Croix de Fer)

*pedant mode off*

(From a CdF owner) 😀

razor

@Alb What’s the deal with the 2014 Day One Disc (what / when / how much and why)? Can’t get a 2013 one in 54cm for love nor money. It’s great that the CDFs are on special to clear the stock, but I wanted a single speed.

Alb
    Free Member

New ones are comign Razor. Gloss olive green with the Hayes CX Expert brakes, Conti CX Speed tyres – same price as last year (£699).

What size are you after? Might have a 2013 ex-demo that I can sell on.

yowser
    Free Member

@Alb
    might be interested in the day one disk if still available.
    PM if so.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Alb

If you have any ex-demos in the any of your CX with disc, CdF/Vapour, range in a 52″ I would be all ears….and hands*

*holding cash.

maxray
    Free Member

My CDF is a white one, possibly the best bike I have bought, done 3 odd years without anything going wrong on it, still on original parts.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Croix De Fer 2014’ is closed to new replies.