Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Genesis bikes 29er prototype?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Looking at the Genesis bikes news site I see that they are prototyping a 29er. Anyone seen one?
    It looks good and if the right size for me (16″ seat tube 23″-23.5″ top tube) I will be very interested.
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/news/25/05/11/genesis-solitude

andyl
    Free Member

Is it called the Solitude because everyone will disown you? 😉

Will be interesting to see though. Really after a 16″ steel 29er to use as a relaxed all day XC bike.

thomthumb
    Free Member

that looks really nice. want one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wors

Hmmm, looks good. But why do bike makers insist on putting the brake mount on the seatstay rather than the chainstay compromising the type of rack you can fit on these types of bikes.

takisawa2

I think they should actually call it “Prototype”, it looks pretty good with that on it.

445mm fork, but relaxed geometry sounds intresting. Wonder how it will ride, as from the few goes I’ve pinched on an IO I thought it a bit harsh. (Compared to an Inbred anyway). Price wise, it its as competetive as their other frames/bikes I’m intrested.

jupiter
    Free Member

What would people like to see on this frame?
    Chainstay disc mount? I would like a 16″ seat tube, I like low slung, good standover frames (easy to get off and get my leg over) and with the advent of long strong reliable seatposts it shouldn’t be a problem. I looked into a Jones steel diamond frame but it has a 18″ seat tube which makes it just too big for me, and I like the spring of exposed seatpost.
    Any other suggestions?

adeward
    Free Member

be interesting to see the geometry for this do it all bike

Clink

be interesting to see the geometry for this do it all bike

I keep pestering them, but no luck yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Genesis bikes 29er prototype?’ is closed to new replies.